made some changes

Any Discussion not applicable to the other Forums. Jokes, pictures of your pet frog, and other non-sense! Have Fun!
Post Reply
wrongway
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:54 pm

made some changes

Post by wrongway » Sat May 16, 2009 7:39 pm

I think I have gone as fast as a stock bodied 67 camaro can go ...199 mph . So I made some changes to the car to get some speed / stability .I have enpugh lift to make the car very light and spin the tires at top speed.

I made a sealed air box for the hood scoop and added a wider/lower air dam.
aero.jpg
aero.jpg (123.05 KiB) Viewed 5047 times
any bets on how much faster it will go next month in the standing mile ? Car has around 950 hp ....

Roy
videos of races and testing
http://www.youtube.com/user/rbrooks27562

User avatar
Jeroenvgfn
Posts: 1680
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:17 am
Location: Netherlands, Europe
Contact:

Re: made some changes

Post by Jeroenvgfn » Mon May 18, 2009 3:32 am

are you sure about the wheel inserts ?

I think they would generate air friction when not flattened with some plate.
on the other hand the brakes cannot get fresh air and heaten up even without using brakes.
Callaway Owners Group : Division Europe
Callaway C1 project registry member

wrongway
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: made some changes

Post by wrongway » Mon May 18, 2009 3:19 pm

the front wheels are just stock steel wheels , 4.5" space saver spare tires with M/T front runner tires. I have some discs to put over them but haven't had time to fit them on yet. But that is what I ran when i went 199 last month.

Roy
videos of races and testing
http://www.youtube.com/user/rbrooks27562

User avatar
Jeroenvgfn
Posts: 1680
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:17 am
Location: Netherlands, Europe
Contact:

Re: made some changes

Post by Jeroenvgfn » Mon May 18, 2009 4:11 pm

ok, did not know that,

I only remebered the incar video :jsmile
Callaway Owners Group : Division Europe
Callaway C1 project registry member

Post Reply