2/20/02, COG, the idea is hatched:

Discussion of Corvette based Callaway Cars including: 1987-1991 RPO B2K Callaway Twin Turbo Corvettes (C4); Callaway SuperNatural Corvettes (CL-1/CR-1); Callaway C12; Supercharged Corvettes; Callaway C16; 6th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC560, SC580, SC606, SC616, SC620, SC652); 7th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC627/SC757); NEW Callaway C8 Corvettes - and more!
Callaway Chris
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

2/20/02, COG, the idea is hatched:

Post by Callaway Chris »

Wow!! Those were the days!!!
*89x2*
CALLAWAY OWNERS GROUP w/in
This is just a name I threw out when discussing the Callaway Car owners assembling at Carlisle when the registry get's back up to motion. The name sounds like it has unity which , as mentioned, we need to retain for support on these awesome vehicles. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Thoughts?

ps. What does everyone think about a LARGE tent for shading our Callaways & us? They are for rent, I understand
Callaway Chris
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Re: 2/20/02, COG, the idea is hatched:

Post by Callaway Chris »

EricVonHa
Let's go!! We need to know who is going to attend so the proper tent size can be reserved! Who's bringing a grill?

Supernatural400
What about trying for a reunion at the callaway site in Old Lyme.
Let reeves know that there cars are still popular.
*89x2*
I would consider an event at Old Lyme in the future but for now, Carlisle is the obvious choice. It is one of the largest Corvette events in America and w/ that as our backdrop we will have an attentive audience to drool over our cars and hopefull become interested and informed about the TT's and SN's Callaway has built.. And of course if there are any C12's they are more than welcome as well! What I am afraid of , is that at some point in my life, these cars will become forgotten (ok, so thats a slim chance) but here's the thing... Keep these cars in the forefront and there will remain a market and support from Callaway and some limited aftermarket suppliers. I do NOT want these cars to become a Delorean or Bricklin of the L 80's/90's...
What do you think?
EricVonHa
Chris, that's an excellent point about the Delorean's and such. I'm a "car guy" so every time I see one on the street (very rare) I think back to the movie "Back to the Future". Does it mean that the Deloreans are worth anything? Don't think so! The car was never a really intended for high performance driving like the Callaway so maybe I'm comparing apples to oranges. But, you're point is still very valid. Those cars came and are gone. Joe Public probably never even heard of them at this point.

In a narrow and single incident type of way, my personal experience tells me that (unfortunately) the Callaway name is fading a little. Let me illustrate: The last 2 weekends we've had some trememndous weather, 50-60 degrees and tons of sun. I took my Callaway to a car audio specialty store that a couple child hood friends own. It's kinda rare that I see these guys, so I thought I'd swing in and show'em the Callaway. I parked the car in the front lot and it was visible from their showroom window. I go in and they ask "What kinda Vette is that?" "What kinda body kit is on it?" Now, these are guys that are heavily entrenched in installing sound systems from mild to wild in every car on the planet. And they don't recognize a Callaway Aerobody Twin Turbo when they see one? I said "Guys, you gotta be kidding me? You don't know what that is?"

Long story short, I explained it to them. When they heard "Twin Turbo" their eyes lit up a little and they kinda remembered hearing about them.

MORAL OF THE STORY: CARLISLE IS THE WAY TO GO !!! WHO WORKS FOR ABC, NBC, CBS ??? Let's get some serious coverage!!
Luigi
15-PSI
15-PSI

Post by Luigi »

Boy that seems like so long ago.... wait it has been so long ago :tweety

It only gets better with time :thumb1

-Luigi
:cool
http://www.tv4autos.com
1956 Ford Thunderbird tricked out!
2005 Dodge Ram 1500
2008 Callaway C16
SurfnSun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SurfnSun »

That was about 7 months before I bought my first b2k :beer
Kruzmisl
5-PSI
5-PSI

Post by Kruzmisl »

That was 9 YEARS AFTER! I bought my B2K! and still didn't know about you guys!
kingforward
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by kingforward »

I was out of the car hobby for a few years then creeped back in by finding you guys on the Internet....and then "lurking" in the background for a year and a half watching all the posts and interaction.....as Big John would say "Lurk, Lurk, Lurk"....

I even visited the Carlsile tent in 2002 "lurking".

Its great how the COG has developed and grown and the terrific friendships we've made.

three cheers!

And for all of you lurking in the background here....come on out. Its all :thumbs OK!
Callaway Chris
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by Callaway Chris »

kingforward wrote:I was out of the car hobby for a few years then creeped back in by finding you guys on the Internet....and then "lurking" in the background for a year and a half watching all the posts and interaction.....as Big John would say "Lurk, Lurk, Lurk"....

I even visited the Carlsile tent in 2002 "lurking".

Its great how the COG has developed and grown and the terrific friendships we've made.

three cheers!

And for all of you lurking in the background here....come on out. Its all :thumbs OK!
I remember you were the first to sign up for the Callaway Reunion Dinner at Carlisle. Even though your plans changed, you said to keep the check and buy Reeves a drink. Thanks for your support :beer