Badging on twin turbo's

Discussion of Corvette based Callaway Cars including: 1987-1991 RPO B2K Callaway Twin Turbo Corvettes (C4); Callaway SuperNatural Corvettes (CL-1/CR-1); Callaway C12; Supercharged Corvettes; Callaway C16; 6th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC560, SC580, SC606, SC616, SC620, SC652); 7th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC627/SC757); NEW Callaway C8 Corvettes - and more!
pandrews

Badging on twin turbo's

Post by pandrews »

Can someone tell me what year corvette twin turbos did Callaway put the Callaway front and rear badge inserts on instead of the normal corvette ones. My 87 has the normal corvette badges and I was wondering if they were correct.
SurfnSun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Badging on twin turbo's

Post by SurfnSun »

I believe all of the cars had the emblem inserts.
avcwo
5-PSI
5-PSI

Post by avcwo »

Front hood and rear fuel access door are Callaway specific emblems. “B” Pillar (one on each side), and passenger side rear beltline, center console build placard “__of__”, and left of gauge cluster “Premium fuel only” placard, along with rear hatch “Callaway Twin Turbo” stickers is about it.
AVCWO
1987 CTTC #9 of 184
1988 CTTC #11 of 400
GEAUX NAVY!!
GEAUX LSU TIGERS!!
pandrews

Post by pandrews »

Thanks for the information. Good to know. From most of the pictures I see of 87's nearly all seem to have the standard corvette inserts in the nose and rear badges which is why I was asking. I guess they have all been changed like mine has or did some possibly not get done when the cars were converted at Callaway?
Callaway Chris
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by Callaway Chris »

1987 cars, at some point, were sent the inserts for the front/rear emblems, plus a smaller one for the horn button. There was also an intercooler side tank plaque w/ timing specs sent.

Most of these items are still available for a cost. You can source, by calling Callaway Cars in CT. I hope this helps.
pandrews

Post by pandrews »

Thanks Chris. I am new to Callaway corvettes and that explains what I am seeing on a lot of 87's. On my convertible the inserts were obviously not fitted even though the oil pump modification was done so there must have been some contact from Callaway to the owner. The car had been in storage for 25 years before I purchased it and came as is with no Callaway paperwork. Now that I know the car is supposed to have the badge inserts I will contact Joanne and order them. Thanks again for your help.