More HP!!!

Discussion of Corvette based Callaway Cars including: 1987-1991 RPO B2K Callaway Twin Turbo Corvettes (C4); Callaway SuperNatural Corvettes (CL-1/CR-1); Callaway C12; Supercharged Corvettes; Callaway C16; 6th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC560, SC580, SC606, SC616, SC620, SC652); 7th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC627/SC757); NEW Callaway C8 Corvettes - and more!
Wmiller542

More HP!!!

Post by Wmiller542 »

I own a 2008 Callaway Corvette SC580. I would love to get more horsepower out of this car and was wondering if anyone knows whether I can just change the pullys or if there's more that I have to do. What is the best way to get more out of this car. Would rather not hook nitrous. Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.
BIGJOHN
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Re: More HP!!!

Post by BIGJOHN »

Changing pulleys will give you more boost but will also change fuel air mixture.
You may run to lean and cause detonation.
If you need more HP getting it none safely will be costly.
Plus will your existing drive-train handle the increased HP and Torque?
:beer
Robin
4-PSI
4-PSI

Post by Robin »

I was planning on doing the smaller pulley,larger injectors and maybe a larger boost a pump and a tune. I ended up doing headers, larger exhaust and a tune. I have a 606 and now I have over 700 and a retuned transmission. The car is IMHO all I need.tuning was a lot to do with tq management
:beer
Jeroenvgfn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeroenvgfn »

Nice , we love HP :h6

Any youtube channel we can watch :beer
Callaway Owners Group : Division Europe
Callaway C1 project registry member