replacement chin spoiler options

Discussion of Corvette based Callaway Cars including: (B2K) Callaway Twin Turbo Corvettes (C4); Callaway SuperNatural Corvettes (CL-1/CR-1); Callaway C12; Supercharged Corvettes; Callaway C16; 6th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC560, SC580, SC606, SC616, SC620, SC652); and 7th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC627/SC757) - and more!
Sponsored by: Callaway Cars
Post Reply
User avatar
Fletch
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:41 pm

replacement chin spoiler options

Post by Fletch » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:33 pm

Hi all. New guy here. Just picked up my first Corvette and it is a Callaway! :thumbs

Anyway, it is missing the front chin spoiler. What are my options as far as replacing it? My side skirts/runner (whatever they are called, the terminology always messes me up) are carbon fiber, so was thinking of going that route for the chin spoiler, but am open to other options.

Thanks in advance for any input, advice, leads, etc..
2013 Callaway SC606, 4LT, M6
Velocity Yellow Tintcoat
New to me Nov 2018 w/ 9k miles

User avatar
SurfnSun
Posts: 1826
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:44 pm
Location: On the move...
Contact:

Re: replacement chin spoiler options

Post by SurfnSun » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:02 am

I’d go with the Callaway one.
Attachments
B791D4E9-F158-4228-B064-9293B235BD3B.jpeg

User avatar
Fletch
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:41 pm

Re: replacement chin spoiler options

Post by Fletch » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:54 am

SurfnSun wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:02 am
I’d go with the Callaway one.
That's a beautiful Callaway! Is it yours?

Did a bit of digging and it looks like Callaway still sells them.

https://www.callawaycars.com/homepage/c ... ts/carbon/#

Splitter
Z06, Grand Sport, 427 Conv.
Part number: 250.60.8120
Suggested retail: $1,995


Do I hold out hope that a used one ever comes up for sale? I like the thought of keeping the car original but that is certainly not an inexpensive route to go, so I *might* be open to other options.

Is there a for sale section on the forum here? I looked but did not see one --- please let me know if I missed it.

Thanks for your help, surfnsun! I appreciate your welcome here and on the other forum. :thumbs
2013 Callaway SC606, 4LT, M6
Velocity Yellow Tintcoat
New to me Nov 2018 w/ 9k miles

User avatar
BIGJOHN
Posts: 2587
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: Ledyard, CT.

Re: replacement chin spoiler options

Post by BIGJOHN » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:21 am

Fletch wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:54 am
SurfnSun wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:02 am
I’d go with the Callaway one.
That's a beautiful Callaway! Is it yours?

Did a bit of digging and it looks like Callaway still sells them.

https://www.callawaycars.com/homepage/c ... ts/carbon/#

Splitter
Z06, Grand Sport, 427 Conv.
Part number: 250.60.8120
Suggested retail: $1,995


Do I hold out hope that a used one ever comes up for sale? I like the thought of keeping the car original but that is certainly not an inexpensive route to go, so I *might* be open to other options.

Is there a for sale section on the forum here? I looked but did not see one --- please let me know if I missed it.

Thanks for your help, surfnsun! I appreciate your welcome here and on the other forum. :thumbs

If there is a used splitter for sale; it is probably broken.
:beer

User avatar
Fletch
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:41 pm

Re: replacement chin spoiler options

Post by Fletch » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:36 pm

BIGJOHN wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:21 am


If there is a used splitter for sale; it is probably broken.
:beer
Fair/good point. :haha
2013 Callaway SC606, 4LT, M6
Velocity Yellow Tintcoat
New to me Nov 2018 w/ 9k miles

User avatar
Fletch
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:41 pm

Re: replacement chin spoiler options

Post by Fletch » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:09 pm

bump
2013 Callaway SC606, 4LT, M6
Velocity Yellow Tintcoat
New to me Nov 2018 w/ 9k miles

User avatar
SurfnSun
Posts: 1826
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:44 pm
Location: On the move...
Contact:

Re: replacement chin spoiler options

Post by SurfnSun » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:26 pm

I have a splitter for you. Shoot me an email at SurfnSun1@aol.com

User avatar
Fletch
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:41 pm

Re: replacement chin spoiler options

Post by Fletch » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:34 pm

SurfnSun wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:26 pm
I have a splitter for you. Shoot me an email at SurfnSun1@aol.com
Thanks, SurfnSun! I got your pm and replied to your email.
2013 Callaway SC606, 4LT, M6
Velocity Yellow Tintcoat
New to me Nov 2018 w/ 9k miles

Post Reply