C4 Mountain Run / Gathering

Discussion of Corvette based Callaway Cars including: 1987-1991 RPO B2K Callaway Twin Turbo Corvettes (C4); Callaway SuperNatural Corvettes (CL-1/CR-1); Callaway C12; Supercharged Corvettes; Callaway C16; 6th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC560, SC580, SC606, SC616, SC620, SC652); 7th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC627/SC757); NEW Callaway C8 Corvettes - and more!
Arctic91
7-PSI
7-PSI

C4 Mountain Run / Gathering

Post by Arctic91 »

Gauging interest: Are there any Callaway B2K Twin Turbo or Supernatural Corvette owners interested in joining up with the ZR-1 Net Registry and Grand Sport Registry (both very active owners groups), representing the Callaway Corvettes based on the C4 Corvette platform, and enjoying your car in the company of other passionate C4 Corvette owners at a driving event this spring?

Details: The "Corvette Mountain Run" (7th in the series) is scheduled for May 11th-15th, and continues on to the "C4 Gathering" at the National Corvette Museum from May 15th-18th. The "Mountain Run" event will be localized around Cherokee, NC, and will consist of multiple days of driving mountain roads in groups organized by skill/speed/model and led by guides who are familiar with the routes. The "C4 Gathering" is an annual event hosted at the NCM in Bowling Green, KY, for C4 owners. Typically, there are some interesting and fun events (seminars, driving tours, track days at the NCM, etc) that are scheduled throughout the week. I have only been able to attend once, but this has been organized and improved over several consecutive years and was enjoyed by all.

If there is sufficient interest, I would be willing to approach the organizers to see about including Callaway owners in the event... making this an annual event for owners of these three special C4 Corvettes: the ZR-1s, Grand Sports, and Callaways.

Admins: Please delete if this violates forum rules.

Scott
Scott
89 CTTC #027 (Black/Black Aerobody Coupe)
90 ZR-1 #2547 (Turquoise Metallic/Black)
92 SNAT 400 (Polo Green/Beige Convertible)
95 SNAT 450 (Black/Black Aerobody Coupe)
91 ZR-1 #1231 (Arctic White/Saddle) - SOLD
Callaway Chris
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Re: C4 Mountain Run / Gathering

Post by Callaway Chris »

Scott,

Sounds fun. As things get cemented, please post updates.

Are you going to include Tail of the Dragon?
Arctic91
7-PSI
7-PSI

Post by Arctic91 »

Chris,

Will do. The event has been an annual one planned for and by the ZR-1 and Grand Sport owners for the past several years (Robert Demarco and George Jones are planning this year's event again, I believe). Tail of the Dragon, along with many other great routes along the twisty mountain roads - and most likely a track day at the NCM - will be part of the schedule. Since they have done this for so many years, it's well-planned and executed event. Lots of fun and comradery amongst the group and a great opportunity to meet or catchup with other owners and their cars.

I'll touch base with the organizers to see if they are interested in bringing this group into the fold, and post more info or a link to discussions on the event. Since they are C4 enthusiasts, especially rare and performance-oriented versions, I'm sure that they would enjoy having some Callaways join the group for the driving portion as well as the show and informational portion at the NCM in Bowling Green. Typically, there are speakers who provide information on the development, marketing, racing and current-day maintenance of the ZR-1 and the Grand Sport models in the auditorium of the NCM, and it would be great to see that expand that to include topics on the Callaway cars in the future.

Scott
Scott
Fletch
7-PSI
7-PSI

Post by Fletch »

Sounds like a blast. Does anyone know of a similar gathering for us C6 Callaway guys? Sorry, not trying to hijack -- someone can shoot me a PM to keep this thread "clean" so to speak. Thanks.
Gone but not forgotten…
2013 Callaway SC606, 4LT, M6
Velocity Yellow Tint-coat
Arctic91
7-PSI
7-PSI

Post by Arctic91 »

Fletch,

No problem. Not sure if there is a similar event for the C6 crowd, but I've been to one of these before moving overseas and it was the best car-related event I'd ever been to.

Cheers,
Scott
Scott