Starshield Aerobody clear mask

Discussion of Corvette based Callaway Cars including: 1987-1991 RPO B2K Callaway Twin Turbo Corvettes (C4); Callaway SuperNatural Corvettes (CL-1/CR-1); Callaway C12; Supercharged Corvettes; Callaway C16; 6th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC560, SC580, SC606, SC616, SC620, SC652); 7th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC627/SC757); NEW Callaway C8 Corvettes - and more!
jonstr
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Re: Starshield Aerobody clear mask

Post by jonstr »

SurfnSun wrote: Thats outstanding. If it lasts 5-8 years its well worth the investment of having it put on. Do you mind me asking what the cost was? I would probably do the front bumper, lenses, rear view mirror and most likely the entire hood if I could afford it.
Cost was about $800 for the custom Aerobody mask I had made. As Positive Pressure mentioned, Starshield wasn't an option because they never made a template from their work on Sue Callaway's Speedster. If I'm not mistaken, Starshield (and other companies) simply provide the templates for the 3M material. The raw material is available to installers so, if a template is not available, they just a custom install. You just need to make sure you find a good installer.

If you're planning for your '96, there should be a standard template, and the cost should be less.
Later,
Jonstr
Currently Callaway-less
SurfnSun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Starshield Aerobody clear mask

Post by SurfnSun »

jonstr wrote:If you're planning for your '96, there should be a standard template, and the cost should be less.
Its not for the 96, just doing some thinking and planning. :thumbs