25 Years of Callaway Competition Corvettes

Discussion of Corvette based Callaway Cars including: 1987-1991 RPO B2K Callaway Twin Turbo Corvettes (C4); Callaway SuperNatural Corvettes (CL-1/CR-1); Callaway C12; Supercharged Corvettes; Callaway C16; 6th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC560, SC580, SC606, SC616, SC620, SC652); 7th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC627/SC757); NEW Callaway C8 Corvettes - and more!
*89x2*
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

25 Years of Callaway Competition Corvettes

Post by *89x2* »

Celebrate the legacy of 25-Years of Callaway Corvettes in motorsports. In 1994, Callaway began a program which in 1995, became very successful. Now, 25-Years later, Callaway Competition continues to dominate in the racing series where they run.

Callaway, with the C4 LM racer named Frieda, brought the Corvette back to the Le Mans race. Here's a clip about that car:

Callaway Cars wrote: Callaway reveal new design livery
2020 Season Calendar announced
Team from Leingarten in southwest Germany confident about new season

Callaway Competition reveals a new livery for their Corvette C7 GT3-R in the ADAC GT Masters. The American sportscar, bearing the number 77 and driven by Markus Pommer and new team member Jeffrey Schmidt, was unveiled during the online program, PS on Air (Horsepower on Air) – The Ravenol ADAC GT Masters Talk Show. The car’s new look is based on the blue-white-grey design from last year but has been revised and now appears even more dynamic.

Having taken 33 wins, Callaway Competition is the most successful team in the ADAC GT Masters’ history and the only team in the series that develops its own race cars.

Markus Pommer won three races in the Super Sports Car League with the Corvette, and partner, Marvin Kirchhöfer is looking forward to the upcoming season: “I’m delighted with what Callaway Competition are doing. It’s incredible! They are only a very small team when compared to the other manufacturers but work extremely hard to achieve success and our car is excellent. It’s going to be great, driving for Callaway again this year!”

Pommer is also very impressed with new teammate, Jeffrey Schmidt: “My partner is very fast, knows the series extremely well and has always been a top contender in recent years. We make a good team, and I hope that I can get to drive with him soon.”

Race calendar for the 2020 ADAC GT Masters, subject to official approval
July 31- August 02 Lausitzring (Germany)
August 14 – 16 Nürburgring (Germany)
September 18 – 20 Hockenheimring (Germany)
October 02 – 04 Sachsenring (Germany)
October 16 – 18 Red Bull Ring (Austria)
October 30 – November 01 Circuit Zandvoort (Netherlands)
November 06 – 08 Motorsport Arena Oschersleben (Germany)
GentleBen
5-PSI
5-PSI

Re: 25 Years of Callaway Competition Corvettes

Post by GentleBen »

Thanks! Great information.
critt99
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Re: 25 Years of Callaway Competition Corvettes

Post by critt99 »

question???...I saw a logo for the 25th...can anyone post it...