Can’t get “callaway” on Windrestrictor??

Discussion of Corvette based Callaway Cars including: 1987-1991 RPO B2K Callaway Twin Turbo Corvettes (C4); Callaway SuperNatural Corvettes (CL-1/CR-1); Callaway C12; Supercharged Corvettes; Callaway C16; 6th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC560, SC580, SC606, SC616, SC620, SC652); 7th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC627/SC757); NEW Callaway C8 Corvettes - and more!
Rudevette
5-PSI
5-PSI

Can’t get “callaway” on Windrestrictor??

Post by Rudevette »

I just ordered a windrestrictor.com lighted restrictor for my c6. I kind of wanted it to say Callaway on the back. Upon talking to the people at windrestrictor.com they said that callaway will not allow the use of their trademark. That’s kind of a poor marketing move in my mind. The wind restrictor is a highly noticeable billboard essentially. I don’t get it.
2007 Callaway Corvette convertible. 3LT, Z51, automatic, polished supercharger, engine covers signed by Reeves Callaway, Atomic Orange Metallic with tan top and interior.
BIGJOHN
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Re: Can’t get “callaway” on Windrestrictor??

Post by BIGJOHN »

Rudevette wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:29 pm I just ordered a windrestrictor.com lighted restrictor for my c6. I kind of wanted it to say Callaway on the back. Upon talking to the people at windrestrictor.com they said that callaway will not allow the use of their trademark. That’s kind of a poor marketing move in my mind. The wind restrictor is a highly noticeable billboard essentially. I don’t get it.
It is not a Callaway Approved product!

:beer
Rudevette
5-PSI
5-PSI

Post by Rudevette »

If a bolt on magnuson supercharger kit is an approved product windrestrictor should be. Must be about the money. Callaway must require more $$$$ to use their trademark than GM does.
2007 Callaway Corvette convertible. 3LT, Z51, automatic, polished supercharger, engine covers signed by Reeves Callaway, Atomic Orange Metallic with tan top and interior.
*89x2*
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by *89x2* »

Actually, Callaway was the sole distributor for some time on Maggie superchargers, and then afterwards, re-worked every supercharger to their specifications.

Regarding the wind restrictor, I don't blame Callaway for protecting their brand. As one who's owned four Callaways, I only want genuine parts on mine :thumbs
Rudevette
5-PSI
5-PSI

Post by Rudevette »

I can see wanting callaway parts or callaway wanting to protect the things that make their builds unique, , but the only callaway parts are the floor mats, door sills, dash plaque, and butt lettering. The rest is all factory Corvette or off the shelf Summit Racing stuff. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth about the company and their willingness to work with customers.
BIGJOHN
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by BIGJOHN »

Rudevette wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:54 am I can see wanting callaway parts or callaway wanting to protect the things that make their builds unique, , but the only callaway parts are the floor mats, door sills, dash plaque, and butt lettering. The rest is all factory Corvette or off the shelf Summit Racing stuff. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth about the company and their willingness to work with customers.
It is obvious you do not know what you are talking about.
Callaway is an engineering company!
Any off the shelf parts are tested and modified to their Standards!
Many parts are Designed and engineered in house.
You are misinformed or have no knowledge about this company!
SurfnSun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SurfnSun »

Rudevette wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:54 am It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth about the company and their willingness to work with customers.
Most of us are glad Callaway protects the brand. It’s actually a very common thing.

Disney, Marvel, Corvette...all brand examples where 3rd parties must go thru a very specific & rigorous licensing process to get approval to use a logo or produce product. It’s how the IP world works.

In the past some companies have been given permission to use the logo and then kept using after the intent of original project permission was done.
SurfnSun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SurfnSun »

Rudevette wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:54 am I can see wanting callaway parts or callaway wanting to protect the things that make their builds unique, , but the only callaway parts are the floor mats, door sills, dash plaque, and butt lettering. The rest is all factory Corvette or off the shelf Summit Racing stuff. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth about the company and their willingness to work with customers.
See above...Callaway reworked every Magnusson supercharger prior to install. They also did some other unseen work under the hood. The intake and exhaust are both proprietary also. No Summit parts on these cars. :beer
BIGJOHN
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by BIGJOHN »

SurfnSun wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:26 pm
See above...Callaway reworked every Magnusson supercharger prior to install. They also did some other unseen work under the hood. The intake and exhaust are both proprietary also. No Summit parts on these cars. :beer
Josh did you notice his forum name? (Rudevette)
*89x2*
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by *89x2* »

I think you may have missed my point on the fact, Callaway Cars was the sole distributor and behind the advances in engineering from the MP112 to the MP122, then to the MAGGIE TVS2300 superchargers. Maggie did not re-work their own TVS superchargers, and I'll leave it at that.

But rest assured, Summit does not supply Callaway, nor did they buy parts from them. On some cars, Callaway invested in components above and beyond what was needed to make it just work. That's one of the things that makes them stand apart from the tuna crowd. :thumbs
SurfnSun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SurfnSun »

BIGJOHN wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:21 pm
SurfnSun wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:26 pm
Josh did you notice his forum name? (Rudevette)
Indeed I did, I assumed it was his last name. Profile check confirms it. :beer