short throw shifter

Discussion of Corvette based Callaway Cars including: 1987-1991 RPO B2K Callaway Twin Turbo Corvettes (C4); Callaway SuperNatural Corvettes (CL-1/CR-1); Callaway C12; Supercharged Corvettes; Callaway C16; 6th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC560, SC580, SC606, SC616, SC620, SC652); 7th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC627/SC757); NEW Callaway C8 Corvettes - and more!
calawyclif
5-PSI
5-PSI

short throw shifter

Post by calawyclif »

Hi All,
Just curious if anyone has installed a short throw shifter in their B2K..I am doing it now and cannot wait to take my TT out for a spin. Putting in a B & M ripper shifter made for 89-96 6 speed gearbox. Looks cool and much stronger than the stock shifter. Any stories about them good or bad please chime in. Oh yeah my cousins 08 vette was no match before the shifter no less... :)
thebeepster
5-PSI
5-PSI

Re: short throw shifter

Post by thebeepster »

:pop I'm considering the same...anyone??
jonstr
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by jonstr »

Never thought about one for the B2K, but I installed a Ripper in my old C5 Z06 and it was a vast improvement over the factory shifter. :thumbs
Later,
Jonstr
Currently Callaway-less
calawyclif
5-PSI
5-PSI

Post by calawyclif »

Hi all, All i can say is wow!!! Drove it home late yesterday evening and the shop that installed the short throw shifter asked me if i was ever afraid while driving my car...hahaha....it takes a few shifts to getting used to because of the huge difference in the throw and the stock shifter is a little quieter, this one seems to just crunch a little bit more but not much. Man what a difference when u r going threw the gears when shifting at full throttle. I dont think the rpm's come down at all. Once you shift into second at full throttle you ready for third. The car definitely feels faster could be my imagination but definitely went through the gears faster no question about it. I love it, wish I did it earlier. Felt like a kid in a candy store didnt want to come home just wanted to keep driving. :) I will be at callaway cars on OCT. 11th if you guys want to check it out before making up your minds. Hopefully we'll see you there.
Luigi
15-PSI
15-PSI

Post by Luigi »

Honestly, I didn't realize that it fits the C4.

Great info to know.

-Luigi
:cool
http://www.tv4autos.com
1956 Ford Thunderbird tricked out!
2005 Dodge Ram 1500
2008 Callaway C16
callaway4fun
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by callaway4fun »

I had the stock shifter from Bill B. It is incredible has the stock look and revervse lockout intact. It is a pleasure to drive. I know Mark D had one put in his car and he loved it.