changing bulbs for aerobody

Discussion of Corvette based Callaway Cars including: 1987-1991 RPO B2K Callaway Twin Turbo Corvettes (C4); Callaway SuperNatural Corvettes (CL-1/CR-1); Callaway C12; Supercharged Corvettes; Callaway C16; 6th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC560, SC580, SC606, SC616, SC620, SC652); 7th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC627/SC757); NEW Callaway C8 Corvettes - and more!
calawyclif
5-PSI
5-PSI

changing bulbs for aerobody

Post by calawyclif »

Hi All,

Just curious on any tips on changing a rear left blinker light and a front left yellow lens parking light on an aerobody car. I know i have to move a lot of things but before I dive into it I wanted to know if there were any tricks I should know about. Both look like they could be a pain in the royal A>>. Especially the rear light in the back end. Thanx for your help in advance.

Best, cliff see u on the 11th
BIGJOHN
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Re: changing bulbs for aerobody

Post by BIGJOHN »

I HAVE SEEN THE GUYS AT CALLAWAY TAKE OFF THE LICENCE PLATE AND REACH IN BEHIND THE BUMPER FOR REAR TAIL LIGHT.
I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH FRONT TURN SIGNAL.
:wtf
Callaway Chris
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by Callaway Chris »

I reached up through the license plate area on mine... It is tight, but if you relax...

I thought the more difficult ones, were the front ones with their socket assy. :afire
jonstr
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by jonstr »

The fronts can be done with a bit of patience. There isn't really a trick that I found, but try to remember the socket orientation as you pull it out. That will make it easier to engage the twist lock when you slide it back in.
Later,
Jonstr
Currently Callaway-less
calawyclif
5-PSI
5-PSI

Post by calawyclif »

Thanx guys...I will tackle it sometime tomorrow...they both look like a pain in the ass...might even do both sides while i am it :jsmile