72 Vette

Any Discussion not applicable to the other Forums. Jokes & humor, or anything off topic, not related to Callaway vehicle discussions.
MarvinMartian
1-PSI
1-PSI

72 Vette

Post by MarvinMartian »

A few months ago there was a 72 vette for sale in the neighborhood, $17K. It needs lots of TLC but seems to run well.
72 vette
72 vette
72vette.jpg (65.02 KiB) Viewed 10003 times
It has a 454 and I would like to add side pipes. What do you guys think?

Do I go for it?

Marvin
BIGJOHN
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Re: 72 Vette

Post by BIGJOHN »

GO FOR IT IF IT'S WHAT YOU REALLY WANT!!! :thumb1
jonstr
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by jonstr »

MarvinMartian wrote:A few months ago there was a 72 vette for sale in the neighborhood, $17K. It needs lots of TLC but seems to run well.
72vette.jpg
It has a 454 and I would like to add side pipes. What do you guys think?

Do I go for it?

Marvin
The car in the photo has a small block hood, so if you haven't already done it, I'd check to make sure it really has the 454 (and some supporting documentation if it is supposed to be an original big block). I don't believe a 454 will fit under the small block hood. C3s look great with side pipes. I'd recommend something like aftermarket Hooker headers/side pipes over the stock headers and side pipes (which were original only in 1969 anyway). You'll get much better sound and performance out of them as the originals have a reverse-flow muffler design that is quite restrictive (for a side pipe). Of course the down side is you have to be careful to step over the Hooker-style side pipes getting in or out or you risk a pretty severe burn on your leg.

A set of Torque Thrust D wheels on it would really complete the picture, in my opinion.

At $17K it sounds like a good price, but of course it's all dependant on condition and mileage. A little TLC can mean different things to different people. On the other hand, if it is a real big block, you'll stand a better chance of getting your money out of it eventually than a small block.
Later,
Jonstr
Currently Callaway-less
callawayz06
7-PSI
7-PSI

Post by callawayz06 »

If its a numbers matching car thats a great price! I had a 70 awhile back with the 350/350 L46 package. More original the more it will be worth down the road. :beer
Luigi
15-PSI
15-PSI

Post by Luigi »

I like those too, particulaly with the side pipes.

-Luigi
:cool
http://www.tv4autos.com
1956 Ford Thunderbird tricked out!
2005 Dodge Ram 1500
2008 Callaway C16
MarvinMartian
1-PSI
1-PSI

Post by MarvinMartian »

FYI, there is one for sale locally for $18K which I am considering. Wish me luck.
MarvinMartian
1-PSI
1-PSI

Post by MarvinMartian »

That deal fell through, sigh.