(Tru-Life) Operation Repo - Great show, LOL

Any Discussion not applicable to the other Forums. Jokes & humor, or anything off topic, not related to Callaway vehicle discussions.
Mr. Exotic
5-PSI
5-PSI

Re: (Tru-Life) Operation Repo - Great show, LOL

Post by Mr. Exotic »

Dakota Aero wrote:JK I respecfully disagree!

I don't think Mr. Exotic even has one!

:haha

DA
and F**K you too and whatever village you come from. :box
Mr. Exotic is my name and exotics are my game.
Super Senior Master Technician/Portsmouth Aston Martin, UK

'11 Asotn Martin Rapide
'90 Calloway Twin Turbo
'73 Ferd Econoline Van
Mr. Exotic
5-PSI
5-PSI

Post by Mr. Exotic »

Mr. Exotic wrote:
BIGJOHN wrote:Come on stop it!!! :nono
Stop what mate? I'll be visiting New York next week how about I come to visit you and see how "Big" you really are. I was on the UK Olympic boxing team in 1976 by the way. :beye

'11 Asotn Martin Rapide
'90 Calloway Twin Turbo
'73 Ferd Econoline Van
Dakota Aero
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by Dakota Aero »

You limey A$$ Half, you did not even spell Callaway correctly when you started here! Bring it on you washed out 50+ year old Olympian!

:rmad

Dakota Aero
BIGJOHN
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by BIGJOHN »

Mr. Exotic wrote:
Stop what mate? I'll be visiting New York next week how about I come to visit you and see how "Big" you really are. I was on the UK Olympic boxing team in 1976 by the way. :beye
Are you going to stop by Old Lyme?
if so I can try to stop by!
:beer
kingforward
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by kingforward »

BIGJOHN wrote:
Mr. Exotic wrote:
My money is on Big John vs. Miss Exotic in an arm wrestling match. :beer
CalJim
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by CalJim »

Stop what mate? I'll be visiting New York next week how about I come to visit you and see how "Big" you really are. I was on the UK Olympic boxing team in 1976 by the way. :beye[/quote]

:beer[/quote]

My money is on Big John vs. Miss Exotic in an arm wrestling match. :beer[/quote]

Agree with kingforward- :beer
Digspeed
8-PSI
8-PSI

Post by Digspeed »

BIGJOHN wrote:
Mr. Exotic wrote:
Did you meet up with Percy yet? He is a grand guy.
2023 Calloway C8 SC (on order) :jsmile
1986 Malcom Konner CTTC :cool
:hi :help :h6
Mr. Exotic
5-PSI
5-PSI

Post by Mr. Exotic »

BIGJOHN wrote:
Mr. Exotic wrote:
I can be there to meet you either Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday next week. Pick a time and place. Also, where is a good place to stay overnight in the area? I'll be happy to stay at your house too with an invite. Beers on me. :beer
thinking about bringing a Calloway supercharged to the UK.

'11 Asotn Martin Rapide
'90 Calloway Twin Turbo
'73 Ferd Econoline Van
Dakota Aero
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by Dakota Aero »

OMG!

Callaway!

DA
Mr. Exotic
5-PSI
5-PSI

Post by Mr. Exotic »

I keep forgetting , "Callaway"

Big John, PM me. Would like to stay at your home for a night next week and check out your cars over a few beers. :beer

'11 Asotn Martin Rapide
'90 Calloway Twin Turbo
'73 Ferd Econoline Van
Mr. Exotic
5-PSI
5-PSI

Post by Mr. Exotic »

BIGJOHN wrote:
Mr. Exotic wrote:
next time mate. my trip got postponed. :beer

'11 Asotn Martin Rapide
'90 Calloway Twin Turbo
'73 Ferd Econoline Van
Never_Lift
7-PSI
7-PSI

Post by Never_Lift »

Lizard Lick is on again tonight! I love that show. I think they could kick Repo's azz :beye
Callaway Chris
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by Callaway Chris »

My goodness! Over 22,000 views on this topic!

We should have started a poll on popularity of shows! :joker

Which show do you prefer?

A. Operation Repo
B. Lizard Lick
C. Dancing With The Stars
Digspeed
8-PSI
8-PSI

Post by Digspeed »

I like watching reruns of "Firing Line" with William Buckley.

and Friday nights we enjoy "Barnaby Jones" reruns too. :thumbs

Barnaby Jones
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Barnaby Jones
Barnaby jones.jpg
Format Crime drama
Starring Buddy Ebsen
Lee Meriwether
Mark Shera
Theme music composer Jerry Goldsmith
Country of origin United States
No. of seasons 8
No. of episodes 178
Production
Executive producer(s) Quinn Martin
Philip Saltzman[1]
Running time 60 minutes
Broadcast
Original channel CBS
Original run January 24, 1973 – September 4, 1980

Barnaby Jones is a television detective series starring Buddy Ebsen and Lee Meriwether as father- and daughter-in-law who run a private detective firm in Los Angeles. A spin-off from Cannon, the show ran on CBS from January 28, 1973 to April 3, 1980, beginning as a midseason replacement. The character of Barnaby Jones was introduced in the episode "Requiem for a Son" in 1973, featuring special guest star William Conrad as Frank Cannon. The two-part episode "The Deadly Conspiracy" (1975) began on Cannon and concluded on Barnaby Jones.
Contents
[hide]

* 1 Plot
* 2 Guest stars
* 3 DVD releases
* 4 In popular culture
* 5 See also
* 6 Notes
* 7 External links

[edit] Plot

After Barnaby Jones (Buddy Ebsen) had worked as a private eye for many years, he decided to retire and left the business to his son Hal. When Hal was murdered while working on a case, Barnaby came out of retirement to find the killer. His widowed daughter-in-law, Betty Jones (Lee Meriwether) joined forces with him to solve the case. The two decided that they worked so well together that they would continue to keep the detective agency open. Jones was unusual, ordering milk in restaurants and bars, counter to the stereotypical hard drinking detective.[1]

Until the cancellation of the series Cannon, the characters of both series moved back and forth between the two shows.

In 1976, the character of J. R., the son (Mark Shera) of Barnaby's cousin, joined the cast. He had come to try to solve the murder of his father, but stayed around to help Barnaby and Betty, while also attending law school.

During the first year of the series, a common theme would be where Jones would make an astute observation or collect a sample, such as mud on a car's tire. The criminal, in some cases, called his accomplice and had a conversation along the lines of "there's a Mr. Jones and he's asking a lot of questions," after which the criminal was assured that Jones would be "taken care of". In view of his advancing age – Ebsen was in his 60s for most of the series – Jones rarely engaged in fistfights in the climatic scene of a given episode; instead, he either used self-defense tactics — e.g., slamming the door on a shotgun-toting villain — or relied on others to overpower and ultimately defeat the criminals.

Toward the latter part of the series, as Ebsen aged and expressed an interest in slowing down a bit, Meriwether and Shera's characters became more prominent, allowing Ebsen to reduce his role; during the last two seasons, the episodes were divided evenly among the three actors, with Ebsen, Meriwether and Shera each being the focus of a third of the season's episodes.

The show was cancelled in 1980 due to low ratings among young viewers (much of the series' fanbase consisted of senior citizens); Ebsen had also finally had enough of playing the role.[2] After the series' cancellation, reruns could be seen in syndication.

During the mid 1990s, Meriwether and Shera expressed interest in a Barnaby Jones reunion TV movie, but could not talk Ebsen into joining the project. However, in 1993, Ebsen reprised the role of Barnaby Jones in the big-screen remake of his most famous TV series, The Beverly Hillbillies. It would be his final theatrical appearance.
[edit] Guest stars

Among the guest stars who appeared over the years were Conlan Carter and Gary Lockwood, who appeared together in the third episode of the series entitled "Sunday: Doomsday" on February 25, 1973. Other guests, just in the first year alone, included:

Stefanie Powers, Wayne Rogers, William Shatner, Leslie Nielsen, Richard Anderson, Claude Akins, Carl Betz, Meredith Baxter Birney, Bill Bixby (Meriwether's real-life ex-classmate), Jack Cassidy, Geraldine Brooks, Richard Bull, Dabney Coleman, Jackie Coogan, Glenn Corbett, Cathy Lee Crosby, Meg Foster, Robert Foxworth, Anne Francis, Lynda Day George, Richard Hatch, James Hong, Claudia Jennings, Lenore Kasdorf, Margot Kidder, Geoffrey Lewis, Ida Lupino, Roddy McDowell, George Maharis, Read Morgan, Nick Nolte, Joan Tompkins, and Jessica Walter.

In later seasons, guest stars included Wayne Maunder, formerly on CBS's Lancer western series, and Ron Hayes, who played Sheriff Oscar Hamlin in the episode "Target for a Wedding".

Many familiar actors made guest appearances, and others who were newcomers went on to become well-known, including: Morgan Fairchild, Don Johnson, David Hedison, Sean Penn, Don Keefer, Vera Miles, Carl Weathers, Robert Webber, Joan Van Ark, Larry Hagman, Mark Goddard, Shelley Fabares, Susan Dey, Daniel J. Travanti, James Woods, Tommy Lee Jones, Patrick O'Neal and Ed Flanders, among many others.

Buddy Ebsen's real-life daughter, Bonnie Ebsen, and Lee Meriwether's real-life daughter, Kyle Aletter-Oldham, made a cameo appearance in one episode. Future Trapper John M.D. stars, Pernell Roberts, Gregory Harrison and Charles Siebert all made guest appearances on one episode. Future WKRP in Cincinnati stars, Loni Anderson and Gary Sandy made guest appearances as well.
[edit] DVD releases

On February 16, 2010, CBS DVD (distributed by Paramount) released Season One of Barnaby Jones on DVD in Region 1 for the very first time. [2]
DVD Name Ep# Release Date
Season One 13 February 16, 2010
[edit] In popular culture
This "In popular culture" section may contain minor or trivial references. Please reorganize this content to explain the subject's impact on popular culture rather than simply listing appearances, and remove trivial references. (April 2011)

* In the film Jingle All The Way, Sinbad's character sarcastically refers to a grey-haired police officer as "Barnaby Jones".
* In the tv show Frisky Dingo, the lead character uses the name "Barnaby Jones" as an alias.

[edit] See also

* The Beverly Hillbillies
* Matlock (TV series)
* Murder, She Wrote
2023 Calloway C8 SC (on order) :jsmile
1986 Malcom Konner CTTC :cool
:hi :help :h6
Callaway Chris
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by Callaway Chris »

Callaway Chris wrote:My goodness! Over 22,000 views on this topic!

We should have started a poll on popularity of shows! :joker

Which show do you prefer?

A. Operation Repo
B. Lizard Lick
C. Dancing With The Stars
:wtf :wtf :wtf :wtf :wtf
kingforward
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by kingforward »

CC, suggest you "educate" all of us on "Lizard Lick".

23,000 views and counting...
kingforward
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by kingforward »

Thanks for visiting! :2fu
kingforward
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by kingforward »

“If time be of all things the most precious, wasting time must be the greatest prodigality.”Benjamin Franklin

come'on... we are almost at 24,000 views!
kingforward
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by kingforward »

24,000+ views of nothing!
kingforward
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by kingforward »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_relativity
Theory of relativity

:zs This article is about the scientific concept. For philosophical or sociological theories about relativity, see Relativism. For the silent film, see The Einstein Theory of Relativity.

Two-dimensional projection of a three-dimensional analogy of spacetime curvature described in General RelativityThe theory of relativity, or simply relativity, encompasses two theories of Albert Einstein: special relativity and general relativity.[1] However, the word relativity is sometimes used in reference to Galilean invariance.

The term "theory of relativity" was based on the expression "relative theory" (German: Relativtheorie) used by Max Planck in 1906, who emphasized how the theory uses the principle of relativity. In the discussion section of the same paper Alfred Bucherer used for the first time the expression "theory of relativity" (German: Relativitätstheorie).[2][3]

Contents [hide]
1 Scope
1.1 Two theory view
2 On the theory of relativity
3 Special relativity
4 General relativity
5 See also
6 References
7 Further reading
8 External links

[edit] ScopeThe theory of relativity enriched physics and astronomy during the 20th century. When first published, relativity superseded a 200-year-old theory of mechanics elucidated by Isaac Newton. It changed perceptions.[4][5][6] However, Einstein denied that Newton could ever be superseded by his own work.

The theory of relativity overturned the concept of motion from Newton's day, into all motion is relative. Time was no longer uniform and absolute. Therefore, no longer could physics be understood as space by itself, and time by itself. Instead, an added dimension had to be taken into account with curved spacetime. Time now depended on velocity, and contraction became a fundamental consequence at appropriate speeds.[4][5][6][7]

In the field of physics, relativity catalyzed and added an essential depth of knowledge to the science of elementary particles and their fundamental interactions, along with ushering in the nuclear age. With relativity, cosmology and astrophysics predicted extraordinary astronomical phenomena such as neutron stars, black holes, and gravitational waves.[4][5][6][7]

[edit] Two theory viewThe theory of relativity was representative of more than a single new physical theory. It affected the theories and methodologies across all the physical sciences. However, as stated above, this is more likely perceived as two separate theories. There are some explanations for this. First, special relativity was published in 1905, and the final form of general relativity was published in 1916.[4]

Second, special relativity fits with and solves for elementary particles and their interactions, whereas general relativity solves for the cosmological and astrophysical realm (including astronomy).[4]

Third, special relativity was widely accepted in the physics community by 1920. This theory rapidly became a significant and necessary tool for theorists and experimentalists in the new fields of atomic physics, nuclear physics, and quantum mechanics. Conversely, general relativity did not appear to be as useful. There appeared to be little applicability for experimentalists as most applications were for astronomical scales. It seemed limited to only making minor corrections to predictions of Newtonian gravitation theory. Its impact was not apparent until the 1930s.[4]

Finally, the mathematics of general relativity appeared to be incomprehensibly dense. Consequently, only a small number of people in the world, at that time, could fully understand the theory in detail. This remained the case for the next 40 years. Then, at around 1960 a critical resurgence in interest occurred which has resulted in making general relativity central to physics and astronomy. New mathematical techniques applicable to the study of general relativity substantially streamlined calculations. From this physically discernible concepts were isolated from the mathematical complexity. Also, the discovery of exotic astronomical phenomena in which general relativity was crucially relevant, helped to catalyze this resurgence. The astronomical phenomena included quasars (1963), the 3-kelvin microwave background radiation (1965), pulsars (1967), and the discovery of the first black hole candidates (1971).[4]

[edit] On the theory of relativityEinstein stated that the theory of relativity belongs to the class of "principle-theories". As such it employs an analytic method. This means that the elements which comprise this theory are not based on hypothesis but on empirical discovery. The empirical discovery leads to understanding the general characteristics of natural processes. Mathematical models are then developed which separate the natural processes into theoretical-mathematical descriptions. Therefore, by analytical means the necessary conditions that have to be satisfied are deduced. Separate events must satisfy these conditions. Experience should then match the conclusions.[7]

The special theory of relativity and the general theory of relativity are connected. As stated below, special theory of relativity applies to all physical phenomena except gravity. The general theory provides the law of gravitation, and its relation to other forces of nature.[7]

[edit] Special relativityMain article: Special relativity

USSR stamp dedicated to Albert EinsteinSpecial relativity is a theory of the structure of spacetime. It was introduced in Einstein's 1905 paper "On the Electrodynamics of Moving Bodies" (for the contributions of many other physicists see History of special relativity). Special relativity is based on two postulates which are contradictory in classical mechanics:

1.The laws of physics are the same for all observers in uniform motion relative to one another (principle of relativity),
2.The speed of light in a vacuum is the same for all observers, regardless of their relative motion or of the motion of the source of the light.
The resultant theory agrees with experiment better than classical mechanics, e.g. in the Michelson-Morley experiment that supports postulate 2, but also has many surprising consequences. Some of these are:

Relativity of simultaneity: Two events, simultaneous for one observer, may not be simultaneous for another observer if the observers are in relative motion.
Time dilation: Moving clocks are measured to tick more slowly than an observer's "stationary" clock.
Length contraction: Objects are measured to be shortened in the direction that they are moving with respect to the observer.
Mass–energy equivalence: E = mc2, energy and mass are equivalent and transmutable.
Maximum speed is finite: No physical object or message or field line can travel faster than the speed of light in a vacuum.
The defining feature of special relativity is the replacement of the Galilean transformations of classical mechanics by the Lorentz transformations. (See Maxwell's equations of electromagnetism and introduction to special relativity).

[edit] General relativityMain article: General relativity
General relativity is a theory of gravitation developed by Einstein in the years 1907–1915. The development of general relativity began with the equivalence principle, under which the states of accelerated motion and being at rest in a gravitational field (for example when standing on the surface of the Earth) are physically identical. The upshot of this is that free fall is inertial motion; an object in free fall is falling because that is how objects move when there is no force being exerted on them, instead of this being due to the force of gravity as is the case in classical mechanics. This is incompatible with classical mechanics and special relativity because in those theories inertially moving objects cannot accelerate with respect to each other, but objects in free fall do so. To resolve this difficulty Einstein first proposed that spacetime is curved. In 1915, he devised the Einstein field equations which relate the curvature of spacetime with the mass, energy, and momentum within it.

Some of the consequences of general relativity are:

Clocks run more slowly in regions of lower gravitational potential.[8] This is called gravitational time dilation.
Orbits precess in a way unexpected in Newton's theory of gravity. (This has been observed in the orbit of Mercury and in binary pulsars).
Rays of light bend in the presence of a gravitational field.
Rotating masses "drag along" the spacetime around them; a phenomenon termed "frame-dragging".
The Universe is expanding, and the far parts of it are moving away from us faster than the speed of light.
Technically, general relativity is a metric theory of gravitation whose defining feature is its use of the Einstein field equations. The solutions of the field equations are metric tensors which define the topology of the spacetime and how objects move inertially.

[edit] See also Physics portal
Tests of special relativity
Tests of general relativity
Special relativity references
General relativity references
[edit] References Wikisource has original works on the topic:
Relativity
Wikisource has original text related to this article:
Relativity: The Special and General Theory

1.^ Einstein A. (1916 (translation 1920)), Relativity: The Special and General Theory, New York: H. Holt and Company
2.^ Planck, Max (1906), "The Measurements of Kaufmann on the Deflectability of β-Rays in their Importance for the Dynamics of the Electrons", Physikalische Zeitschrift 7: 753–761
3.^ Miller, Arthur I. (1981), Albert Einstein's special theory of relativity. Emergence (1905) and early interpretation (1905–1911), Reading: Addison–Wesley, ISBN 0-201-04679-2
4.^ a b c d e f g Will, Clifford M (August 1, 2010). "Relativity". Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia. http://gme.grolier.com/article?assetid=0244990-0. Retrieved 2010-08-01.
5.^ a b c Will, Clifford M (August 1, 2010). "Space-Time Continuum". Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia. http://gme.grolier.com/article?assetid=0272730-0. Retrieved 2010-08-01.
6.^ a b c Will, Clifford M (August 1, 2010). "Fitzgerald-Lorentz contraction". Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia. http://gme.grolier.com/article?assetid=0107090-0. Retrieved 2010-08-01.
7.^ a b c d Einstein's letter to the London Times in 1919.
Einstein Albert (Nov. 28, 1919). "What is the theory of relativity?”". The London Times: pp. 4. http://chittavritti.com/tekbooks/mathAn ... rt%20E.pdf. Retrieved 2011-03-24.
This letter to the London Times appears to be in the public domain.
8.^ Feynman, Richard Phillips; Morínigo, Fernando B.; Wagner, William; Pines, David; Hatfield, Brian (2002). Feynman Lectures on Gravitation. West view Press. p. 68. ISBN 0-813-34038-1. http://books.google.be/books?id=jL9reHGIcMgC. , Lecture 5
[edit] Further readingBergmann, Peter G. (1976). Introduction to the Theory of Relativity. Dover Publications. ISBN 0-486-63282-2.