Help wanted, please

Discussion of Corvette based Callaway Cars including: 1987-1991 RPO B2K Callaway Twin Turbo Corvettes (C4); Callaway SuperNatural Corvettes (CL-1/CR-1); Callaway C12; Supercharged Corvettes; Callaway C16; 6th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC560, SC580, SC606, SC616, SC620, SC652); 7th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC627/SC757); NEW Callaway C8 Corvettes - and more!
Michael S Pierce

Help wanted, please

Post by Michael S Pierce »

I own 1988 #100, a dark-blue-metallic automatic. Chris C.drove/delivered this B2K to the Milford, MI Proving Grounds [for John Heinrecy] as ordered by GM. The car is being displayed at the 2009 NCRS National Convention in San Jose, CA and will be granted their American Heritage Award. I am trying to honor the Award by returning the two, non-original items to stock on this 45,000 mile coupe.

Several years ago, the original exhaust system rusted out and was replaced with a Borla. Around the same time, the air cleaner assembly was replaced with a K & N. Does anyone have an original, NOS, or used, cat-back exhaust system or know where I might be able to find one? To make things more complicated, I am also looking for an original air cleaner assembly.

If you can help in any way [direction, information or with hard parts] please contact me in Portland, OR. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Michael

503 419 2700: direct
503 789 1198: cell

e mail: RPOB2K@aol.com
LIFTMAN
4-PSI
4-PSI

Re: Help wanted, please

Post by LIFTMAN »

HI MICHAEL ,GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR QUEST . I WILL GET THE PICTURES FOR YOU AS SOON AS I CAN MY CAR ON THE LIFT. I WILL BE IN CONTACT SOON
MARK
Michael S Pierce

Post by Michael S Pierce »

Thanks, Mark.

Michael Z. left me a msg that Callaway Cars may well have the air cleaner assembly. He'll be back on Wednesday.

Any ideas about the tail pipe finishers?

Michael
Callaway Chris
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by Callaway Chris »

Michael, Sorry I missed your call, I was on the road all day and then in a meeting for most of the afternoon.

Regarding the aircleaner box, I saw the mold for it last week and it might be possible to make another one. Mike Zoner would be the one to make that call though.

Regarding the exhaust, the mufflers are standard, dual outlet mufflers that are often called "Sport Mufflers" and were found on Z51 cars. There is no such RPO as Z5G, that was an SEO. This is a reply to your specific question from your earlier message to me.I believe Mark T. (LIFTMAN) may have made a set of stainless bands for around his Callaway Twin Turbo for his judging experiences - You would want to ensure they are stamped with the correct "CALLAWAY" name on each and in the right location.

Is your car going to be judged, or displayed?