missed this one sold last night at the Barrett-Jackson

Discussion of Corvette based Callaway Cars including: 1987-1991 RPO B2K Callaway Twin Turbo Corvettes (C4); Callaway SuperNatural Corvettes (CL-1/CR-1); Callaway C12; Supercharged Corvettes; Callaway C16; 6th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC560, SC580, SC606, SC616, SC620, SC652); 7th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC627/SC757); NEW Callaway C8 Corvettes - and more!
jonstr
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

missed this one sold last night at the Barrett-Jackson

Post by jonstr »

Whoops - missed this one sold last night at the Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas auction.

LotNumber 146
Hammer Price 24500.00
Year 1989
CarMake CHEVROLET
CarModel CORVETTE
CarStyle CALLAWAY TWIN-TURBO COUPE
ExteriorColor RED
Interiorcolor BLACK
Cylinders V8
Engine 350
Transmission AUTOMATIC
Summary An all original Callaway Twin-Turbo with Aero package. Has been well maintained with less than 30,400 original miles. A very collectable Corvette with Build Sheet and Window Sticker.
Description All original Callaway Twin-Turbo with aero package. Well maintained, less than 30,400 original miles. Very collectable Corvette with Build Sheet and Window Sticker.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/applicat ... Number=146
65955_Front_3-4.jpg
65955_Front_3-4.jpg (142.05 KiB) Viewed 5690 times
Later,
Jonstr
Currently Callaway-less
Callaway Chris
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Re: missed this one sold last night at the Barrett-Jackson

Post by Callaway Chris »

Jon,

As I have seen many times at Barrett Jackson, cars that "sell" cheap, do not really sell. They are "bought back" by their owners. I have seen this happen with a few Callaways, and some other cars. I know for a fact, the seller has much more in that car than the price you have listed. It was for sale, for $39,995 a few weeks ago. I know the previous owner.
jonstr
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by jonstr »

That's very possible. It would be interesting to know if that is what happened. I watched the auction for a couple of hours last night and it seemed like cars were "selling" for VERY low prices - especially a series of Pace Cars:

2005 Corvette Daytona Pace Car - $40K
1999 Corvette LeMans Pace Car - $25K
1995 Corvette Indy Pace Car - $41K

And those were not Pace Car 'editions' or 'replicas', they were the actual Pace Cars from the track, complete with light bars and strobes either on or in the car. I also saw a 1948 Lincoln Continental Convertible hammer for $72K and a 1940 Lincoln Zephyr Convertible (one of 30 known to exist ( go for $80K). I don't think either of those prices would have covered the restorations on the cars.

Of course, when interviewed at the end of the show, Craig Jackson and his head honcho guy both just gushed about what a great auction it was and how strong cars were selling for. They get paid either way, so I guess it's all good for them. :wtf
Later,
Jonstr
Currently Callaway-less
Jeroenvgfn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeroenvgfn »

Jon, How would you explain you bought the RED to the wife ?? :beye Image

did you sell the '63 I saw your sig is adjusted ?
Callaway Owners Group : Division Europe
Callaway C1 project registry member
jonstr
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by jonstr »

Jeroenvgfn wrote:Jon, How would you explain you bought the RED to the wife ?? :beye [
That would be tough to explain...
Jeroenvgfn wrote:did you sell the '63 I saw your sig is adjusted ?
Yes, the '63 now resides in San Mateo, California, so I'm off the hook for buying the yellow car before selling it.
Later,
Jonstr
Currently Callaway-less