You knew this was bound to happen....

Any Discussion not applicable to the other Forums. Jokes & humor, or anything off topic, not related to Callaway vehicle discussions.
Luigi
15-PSI
15-PSI

You knew this was bound to happen....

Post by Luigi »

Aussies build a Chevy El Camarino

from Autoblog

So you have a Holden Commodore SS Ute and, for some vexing reason, you want it to look more like the American-market Chevrolet Camaro. Well, we've got good news for you. An enterprising young soul from Victoria, Australia has worked up just such a kit. With new sheetmetal from the A-pillar forward and a custom Camaro nose cap, the end result is as close to a Camaro-meets-El-Camino mutation as you're likely to find. This particular example was spotted outside of a Nashville, Tennessee tuner.

We have to say that while the Commodore SS Ute is as handsome as can be right from the factory, the Camaro nose doesn't exactly do the car an injustice. There's no word on exactly how much the conversion kit will set you back, though with all of the appropriate pieces and sheetmetal, we'd be surprised if the final price tag were less than $5,000 – before paint. Worth it? That's a conversation you'll have to have with your wallet.
http://www.tv4autos.com
1956 Ford Thunderbird tricked out!
2005 Dodge Ram 1500
2008 Callaway C16
BIGJOHN
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Re: You knew this was bound to happen....

Post by BIGJOHN »

I likie it!!!
But I have wanted a Holden UTE for a long time!!
:frown
Luigi
15-PSI
15-PSI

Re: You knew this was bound to happen....

Post by Luigi »

I always liked the El Camino's. They were the original SUV cross-over, the cabin of a car with the utility of pickup truck. I honestly hope they build them again.
:beer

-Luigi
:cool
http://www.tv4autos.com
1956 Ford Thunderbird tricked out!
2005 Dodge Ram 1500
2008 Callaway C16