Corvette Enthusiast Speedster article

Discussion of Corvette based Callaway Cars including: 1987-1991 RPO B2K Callaway Twin Turbo Corvettes (C4); Callaway SuperNatural Corvettes (CL-1/CR-1); Callaway C12; Supercharged Corvettes; Callaway C16; 6th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC560, SC580, SC606, SC616, SC620, SC652); 7th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC627/SC757); NEW Callaway C8 Corvettes - and more!
jonstr
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Corvette Enthusiast Speedster article

Post by jonstr »

I found the January '09 issue in my mailbox the other day and was pleasantly surprised to find my Speedster featured. The photos were taken at last year's C4 Gathering/Callaway Reunion at the Corvette Museum. After all this time I figured they had decided not to use them. :beer

Later,
Jonstr
Currently Callaway-less
SurfnSun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Corvette Enthusiast Speedster article

Post by SurfnSun »

Well it looks like I have a reason to leave the house today! :haha I need to go buy a copy :beer
Luigi
15-PSI
15-PSI

Post by Luigi »

That is AWESOME!

Congrats!

I wish I could run ot and buy a copy now but I know it won'tmakeit to the shelves at Barnes & Noble until the beginning of the month.

-Luigi
:cool
http://www.tv4autos.com
1956 Ford Thunderbird tricked out!
2005 Dodge Ram 1500
2008 Callaway C16
Callaway Chris
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by Callaway Chris »

Jon, I am glad the story finally made it!!!!!

You know, sometimes, articles take much longer than anticipated - it depends on what is uber-hot right NOW!!!!! Not to say your car isn't, but sometimes other stories take the place of one another. A case in point, is the synchronized shifting piece in the front NEWS section - That was supposed to have run over a year ago... But another story (a technical feature) trumped it and to the back burner it went...

I knew your story was coming, a few mos. ago. I was asked to proof the text :cool back in the early summer :cool

Congrats Jon, you have an amazing car!!! Thanks for the privilege of driving it! Hey Surf, where's that pic???
SurfnSun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SurfnSun »

this one? :jsmile
Attachments
hairdo.JPG
hairdo.JPG (75.68 KiB) Viewed 8719 times
CalJim
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by CalJim »

Jon,
What a great article? Got my in the mail on Friday and my wife had already looked at your car!! It is a timeless piece of art!!! Congratulations.
Jim
jonstr
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by jonstr »

Thanks guys, I'm pretty stoked. I went out to buy a couple more copies for my files and found out it won't hit the newsstand until the first week in November. To make matters worse, I found the magazine in my mailbox when I got home from a business trip Thursday night, but my wife and kids left to see relatives on Thursday afternoon, so I've got nobody nearby to show it off to until tonight. :cry2

Surf - you photo made me pull out my pictures from the event too. That was a fun show despite the weather the first few days. I wish I could have made it to one of the shows this year. I'm really looking forward to the west coast open house at Callaway in January. :jsmile

There is also a weird coincidence in the magazine. In the auction results section it lists the yellow '91 Aero convertible sale at the Leake Auction. Although most of you know there is more to the story, that is the car I bought, so in a way both of my cars are in the magazine.
Later,
Jonstr
Currently Callaway-less
632C2
4-PSI
4-PSI

Post by 632C2 »

Jon, I read that article the other day and didn't put 2 and 2 together. Congrats on having not one but two outstanding Callaway's - not to mention an article in a national publication. I am envious.

Steve
critt99
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by critt99 »

I sure had fun that weekend...Jon the car is far more beautiful in person.....are you bringing it to LA?....
jonstr
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Re:

Post by jonstr »

critt99 wrote:I sure had fun that weekend...Jon the car is far more beautiful in person.....are you bringing it to LA?....
I'm thinking about it. I'm waiting to hear back from Plycar on transport costs. It sounds like Callaway is sending a few cars out, so Plycar was checking to see if they could get me on the same truck as they came through. If not, or if the cost is too high, I'll just be bringing the yellow car.
Later,
Jonstr
Currently Callaway-less