C6 Callaway flow forged wheel finishes

Discussion of Corvette based Callaway Cars including: 1987-1991 RPO B2K Callaway Twin Turbo Corvettes (C4); Callaway SuperNatural Corvettes (CL-1/CR-1); Callaway C12; Supercharged Corvettes; Callaway C16; 6th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC560, SC580, SC606, SC616, SC620, SC652); 7th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC627/SC757); NEW Callaway C8 Corvettes - and more!
Rudevette
5-PSI
5-PSI

C6 Callaway flow forged wheel finishes

Post by Rudevette »

So I bought a set of four Callaway flow forged wheels on the corvette forum. UPS lost or damaged one (depending upon their story of the day🤬) but either way one of them is in possession of UPS and we will never see it again. It’s a rear wheel or a C6. I see there is one for sale on eBay that says it is hyper black. The wheels that I have have a kind of silver almost powder coat looking finish on them. I am wondering how many different finishes there were on the wheels and if I would happen to have hyper black and could buy the one on eBay to finish my set. Or is hyper black like black chrome?
2007 Callaway Corvette convertible. 3LT, Z51, automatic, polished supercharger, engine covers signed by Reeves Callaway, Atomic Orange Metallic with tan top and interior.
SurfnSun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: C6 Callaway flow forged wheel finishes

Post by SurfnSun »

You can get them repainted or powder coated to match your current wheels. I’d grab that one off of eBay ASAP and get UPS to pay for it. Hyper black is not chrome. It turns a hint of black on the angles in certain light.
Rudevette
5-PSI
5-PSI

Post by Rudevette »

Probably good advice. Looks like my only option right now. Problem is UPS is no longer talking to me or the seller. Something funny going on.
2007 Callaway Corvette convertible. 3LT, Z51, automatic, polished supercharger, engine covers signed by Reeves Callaway, Atomic Orange Metallic with tan top and interior.
SurfnSun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SurfnSun »

Rudevette wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:50 pm Probably good advice. Looks like my only option right now. Problem is UPS is no longer talking to me or the seller. Something funny going on.
Id petition a refund from the seller equal to what it would take to buy the ebay wheel. Its easily documentable. Did he actually insure the shipment? Weird that UPS won't speak with you. Best of luck on this deal. Those are great looking wheels.
*89x2*
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by *89x2* »

Hyper Black is painted, so it'll be easy enough to just have it painted silver to match. Good luck w/ UPS