Pratt and Miller sale

Discussion of Corvette based Callaway Cars including: 1987-1991 RPO B2K Callaway Twin Turbo Corvettes (C4); Callaway SuperNatural Corvettes (CL-1/CR-1); Callaway C12; Supercharged Corvettes; Callaway C16; 6th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC560, SC580, SC606, SC616, SC620, SC652); 7th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC627/SC757); NEW Callaway C8 Corvettes - and more!
Rudevette
5-PSI
5-PSI

Pratt and Miller sale

Post by Rudevette »

Let’s get right to the point. Does anybody believe it’s a possibility that since Pat and Miller was sold to Oshkosh, and Oshkosh doesn’t seem to be a company that’s interested in racing technology, is that going to create an opening for Callaway to be the engineering development firm for the Corvette factory race team?

-Justin
2007 Callaway Corvette convertible. 3LT, Z51, automatic, polished supercharger, engine covers signed by Reeves Callaway, Atomic Orange Metallic with tan top and interior.
SurfnSun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pratt and Miller sale

Post by SurfnSun »

That would be nothing short of amazing! They have won a bunch of FIA GT3 championships...the pedigree is there.
Rudevette
5-PSI
5-PSI

Post by Rudevette »

To me it seems like to only option for the Corvette factory racing team.
2007 Callaway Corvette convertible. 3LT, Z51, automatic, polished supercharger, engine covers signed by Reeves Callaway, Atomic Orange Metallic with tan top and interior.
*89x2*
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by *89x2* »

Riley Racing is another, but with their lawsuit of GM, doubtful.

Hopefully this paves the way for Callaway Competition, and continuing their racing dominance in another series.
Rudevette
5-PSI
5-PSI

Post by Rudevette »

I was under the influence that when Chevrolet started the c5r factory race team the Riley was told to stand down. That might be incorrect, but if that was the case you would assume some bit of bad blood there. No doubt that Riley is an operation worthy of running the Corvette race team.
*89x2*
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by *89x2* »

Wasn't Riley builder of the car from the infamous LG C6 efforts? Or did they just supply (Sell) LG a chassis and Lou cried foul, down the road?
*89x2*
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by *89x2* »

Morning news update on the P&M sale claims Fehan got pushed out of the operations. I am sure this'll get MORE interesting...
Rudevette
5-PSI
5-PSI

Post by Rudevette »

I kind of assumed Fehan was removed when his “retirement” was announced a day after the sale. That’s what got me to thinking that Oshkosh may have no interest in the racing venture. Or maybe Fehan just didn’t want to work for anybody else and actually did retire. Who knows.
Rudevette
5-PSI
5-PSI

Post by Rudevette »

I think lg bought a chassis from Riley and was then forced out by Chevrolet when they moved up a class to gt2.