Project Corvettes and other stuff...what are you working on?

Any Discussion not applicable to the other Forums. Jokes & humor, or anything off topic, not related to Callaway vehicle discussions.
critt99
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Project Corvettes and other stuff...what are you working on?

Post by critt99 »

I have been sitting on a nice old racing 454 BBC for a while not really knowing what is inside the cover. I have been gathering parts to build a nice street engine for a future porject, maybe an early model vette. I finally got the time to pull the heads and oil pan and HOLY CRAP! I was blown away.....It is a 454 passenger HiPo block (already knew that) with JE forged 12.5:1 pistons, Miller aluminum rods, Lunati forged crank and all in good serviceable condition. I have iorn heads with oval ports, but still large valve HiPo castings and several aluminum intakes to choose from. I have a M20 Muncie or a TH350, gunna keep both......I have a great engine man here in SA, he builds most of the regional winning oval track engines and he and I have talked of the plan. He thinks I can get 600-700 HP and still be driveable.....Just need to find the right car to put it in someday....

critt99
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Oh, by the way....

Post by critt99 »

I have a nice 1958 283 SBC, 1958 SBC heads and 283 forged crank that will make a neat porject someday.....
critt99
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Re: Project Corvettes and other stuff...what are you working on?

Post by critt99 »

In case you were wondering from where and whence the block came. It was out of my fathers 1973 Camaro short track car. This particular car was raced across the midwest and south against the likes of a very young Rusty Wallce, Mark Martin and the ole-boys of Bobby, Donny Allsion and the best part is it raced the National Short Track Championship in Rockford IL.....kinda keep it for sentimental reasons.....not to mention its sweet!!!!...just wish I had the car too.....

Jeroenvgfn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeroenvgfn »

Mike , I just think you need to find yourself an 1973 Camaro to put the engine in.

Make a replica of your fathers car !!!

:h6 :thumbs
Callaway Owners Group : Division Europe
Callaway C1 project registry member
critt99
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by critt99 »

I have had that thought for years....I even contacted the owner of the trucking company for the decals...
Jeroenvgfn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeroenvgfn »

critt99 wrote:I have had that thought for years....I even contacted the owner of the trucking company for the decals...
have had ???
So you skipped the idea ? why was that ?

It is not my business to interfere but......
I lost my father at the age of 48 when I was only 21 in 1996
and I took a lot of strength out of getting the things he was passionated for ( Music )

So building that car could be in memory to your father and an inheritance to your son.

but then again you already have a beautiful truck from your father.
and I should not talk so much.

When you skip(ped) the idea of a racing Camaro build a fast racing car and drive the hell out of it. :thumbs
Callaway Owners Group : Division Europe
Callaway C1 project registry member