1994 Callaway C8 Camaro for sale, 1st C8 ever built

A discussion Forum for all other Callaway Vehicles and Projects, including the Callaway SportTrucks and SUVs, Callaway Camaros, and Cadillac CTS-V Series Automobiles, plus historic VW, Mercedes, Porsche, Alfa Romeo and many more including the Callaway Bump-Up Kits
Brangeta
11-PSI
11-PSI

1994 Callaway C8 Camaro for sale, 1st C8 ever built

Post by Brangeta »

I'm posting this for Anthony who is the owner of the car. His father is having major health trouble, and he's selling part of his car collection to assist in paying for his care. The car is his 1994 red Callaway C8 Camaro. It's a SuperNatural 400, with many prototype parts, and is documented as the first complete C8 built. The prototype was silver, as many of you know, but this was the first one to be completed, and is one of only two that actually have their original engine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Callaway ... 240%3A1318
4th Generation Camaro History site:
http://sites.google.com/site/brangeta/
Brangeta Design Group
http://www.brangeta.com
BIGJOHN
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Re: 1994 Callaway C8 Camaro for sale, 1st C8 ever built

Post by BIGJOHN »

Thats neat!
My C8 has the original engine!!!
Does this mean My C8 is "#2"???
:wtf
Brangeta
11-PSI
11-PSI

Post by Brangeta »

Could be. I dunno. Most of them swapped their stock Z28 engine with one Callaway already had ready more-or-less.

I'm not sure which C8 is the other one...
Brangeta Design Group
kingforward
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by kingforward »

Brangeta, Why wouldn't the silver C8 that debuted at the LA Auto show be considered the "first C8 ever built"??
Callaway Chris
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by Callaway Chris »

kingforward wrote:Brangeta, Why wouldn't the silver C8 that debuted at the LA Auto show be considered the "first C8 ever built"??

Because that makes the red one not as valuable? :wtf And why are you posting an ad Brangeta, for someone who could insert an entire ebay ad? :wtf

...I'll take the silver SNAT500 C8, first :cool
Luigi
15-PSI
15-PSI

Post by Luigi »

Brangeta,

I know there is no telling why some people don't show up themselves. Look at our friend down under (Australia), you would think he could be on here as well even though I have asked him to. He is a Callaway addict as much as we are yet he never goes on there (that I know of). Being so far away and with so many hours time difference it would make more sense for him to use the forum but it just goes to show you that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink the water.

There is nothing wrong in posting the ad however it would be better if Anthony was on here him self.

Hey Anthony, so why don't you make an appearance yourself?

-Luigi
:cool
http://www.tv4autos.com
1956 Ford Thunderbird tricked out!
2005 Dodge Ram 1500
2008 Callaway C16
Brangeta
11-PSI
11-PSI

Post by Brangeta »

kingforward wrote:Brangeta, Why wouldn't the silver C8 that debuted at the LA Auto show be considered the "first C8 ever built"??
To my knowledge, that one's considered a prototype because the body panels are molded to the car and such. Personally, I'd consider it the very first.
Callaway Chris wrote:

Because that makes the red one not as valuable? :wtf And why are you posting an ad Brangeta, for someone who could insert an entire ebay ad? :wtf

...I'll take the silver SNAT500 C8, first :cool
I posted it here and on other boards I frequent because I wanted to help Anthony out. He's been a good friend to me over the years and I wanted to repay him for it. 30 minutes of my time posting it on ~8 message boards was the least I could do.
Luigi wrote:Brangeta,

I know there is no telling why some people don't show up themselves. Look at our friend down under (Australia), you would think he could be on here as well even though I have asked him to. He is a Callaway addict as much as we are yet he never goes on there (that I know of). Being so far away and with so many hours time difference it would make more sense for him to use the forum but it just goes to show you that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink the water.

There is nothing wrong in posting the ad however it would be better if Anthony was on here him self.

Hey Anthony, so why don't you make an appearance yourself?

-Luigi
I don't know why he doesn't post. Everybody has their reasons. I have fewer than 10 posts on many message boards I'm on, yet I have over 3,000 on camaroz28.com. I can't pay attention to them all, so most of them get neglected.
Brangeta Design Group
CallawayC8
4-PSI
4-PSI

Post by CallawayC8 »

Hello All,

Sorry I have not had the time to post, as I am back in Houston with my father and family at the MD Anderson Cancer Center, and my time has been very widely divided by very stressful events, and the daily battle my father is fighting against his cancer. It is very mind consuming.

Imagine my surprise, when I finally get the time to blow off some stress, log onto the Callaway forums to see what is going on with my favorite cars, and then get to see comments like those above.

I will try to clear things up for everybody:

I put the car on ebay, and Brandon was kind enough to see it and spread the word.

The car is advertised as the First Complete C8, because it is the first complete C8. It was ordered with all of its options at one time, and went to Callaway only once. I did not make it up to "increase its value", Chris, but thanks again for your constant support. Its value will be determined by what the car is.

Luckily, the car has a good pedigree: It is the 1st complete C8 ordered, and documented by Callaway. It was ordered by Reeve's good friend. It is a convertible. It is red. It is an original runflat wheel, brembo, suspension, shifter, interior trim, special valve cover, honker(prototype piece like Bill's car), header, and exhaust optioned car. It has been featured in magazines and the Callaway literature. I don't need to make up stories to "increase its value."

The silver Motor Trend Car was an Aerobody car built to showcase the body. Bill's car was the first car to get the engine package. When the magazines tested the "C8" there was actually no car with both a body and an engine, so they took pictures of the silver car, and tested the performance of Bill's car. If you ever look at the Motor Trend article, you will see that all of the engine bay shots are a different color than the exterior shots.

The silver MT car had its engine upgraded later, but that was after my car was built. It is now a complete C8, but it was not the first.

The silver MT car is the First CamAerobody car. It arrived at Callaway on October 30, 1993. I will never claim that my car is the first AB car.

Bill's Pace Car was the first SuperNatural Camaro. It arrived at Callaway in June 1,1993 to have the engine work done.

My car arrived May 4,1994, and it had to wait as the body was still being developed for production. It was the First Aerobody SuperNatural, or C8. Callaway purposely kept the original engine in special cars, such as pace cars, or in this case, the first C8. My documentation only shows 2 original engine cars in the first series os C8s. I have no documentation on the LS based cars. Sorry if my posted info offends anybody's car, it is not intentional, or meant to "increase my car's value".

The car is documented from Callaway as the first complete C8. The engine in this car was used as the photo engine in the C8 brochure, and the valve covers are a custom one off set by Callaway that say "Callaway C8 001". Sports Car International Issue #100 features my car, and correctly idientifies it as the 1st C8. Joanne can clear up any further confusion if anyone wants to call her.

I will miss this car, but it is a small price to give my father a good shot at life. His treatment is unfortunately not covered by insurance, so I am selling all of my assets to help pay for his medical care.

Luigi, I would love to have a great place to post, however, I may need to look for a forum where members, especially those who should take the most extreme care with their comments, might not take such low shots at me in my absense, or with little knowledge of a given subject.

Best regards to all, and I hope this clears up any confusion.

Anthony
Callaway Chris
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by Callaway Chris »

CallawayC8 wrote:
The car is advertised as the First Complete C8, because it is the first complete C8. It was ordered with all of its options at one time, and went to Callaway only once. I did not make it up to "increase its value", Chris, but thanks again for your constant support. Its value will be determined by what the car is.

Anthony
Anthony,

Thanks for taking time to come and post your clarification. You really should have done so to begin with. You are right, the value is what it is. :cool
CallawayC8 wrote:

I will miss this car, but it is a small price to give my father a good shot at life. His treatment is unfortunately not covered by insurance, so I am selling all of my assets to help pay for his medical care.

Luigi, I would love to have a great place to post, however, I may need to look for a forum where members, especially those who should take the most extreme care with their comments, might not take such low shots at me in my absense, or with little knowledge of a given subject.

Best regards to all, and I hope this clears up any confusion.

Anthony
I am sorry to hear of your father and his condition. My wife is a survivor, thanks to treatments that were new at the time - and insurance struggled to cover them (but thankfully did). It must be difficult to sell the collection you have amassed.

Regarding your other comment, come or go a you please. However, do not give this forum (or might I suggest, any forum) the impression you are "in it" for yourself. That is what I have heard from others here - and at the old Callaway forum. :stop Again, stay if you like - but add to the site, not just take, Take, TAKE! :hi
CallawayC8
4-PSI
4-PSI

Post by CallawayC8 »

Anthony,

Thanks for taking time to come and post your clarification. You really should have done so to begin with. You are right, the value is what it is. :cool
Thanks for your reply Chris. I was not aware that I needed any clarification, especially since I never posted anything here in the first place. I think that if anybody had any questions about an item on some other forum, they might PM me for their own clarification. I was not aware that it is somebody's responsibility to clarify everything they say, on the assumption that viewers might doubt the claims without knowledge of the subject.
Anthony

I am sorry to hear of your father and his condition. My wife is a survivor, thanks to treatments that were new at the time - and insurance struggled to cover them (but thankfully did). It must be difficult to sell the collection you have amassed.
Thanks for the good wishes. I like to hear success stories, and I share them with my father, who needs all of the encouragement he can get.

Regarding your other comment, come or go a you please. However, do not give this forum (or might I suggest, any forum) the impression you are "in it" for yourself. That is what I have heard from others here - and at the old Callaway forum. :stop Again, stay if you like - but add to the site, not just take, Take, TAKE!
Chris, the only thing I have ever heard from other members is that you constantly say that I am in it for myself, or that I take take take. I have heard it from several members, and you are the one pushing it. I do not see how you can take from a forum, especially when I have contributed the following in the past forum.

As my memory serves me correctly, I contributed these posts, or information in the past forum:
  • Started a thread showing the last Speedster from Cars and Coffee - included lots of pretty pics
    Contributing information about the Blue Poster C8
    Contributed any technical information about production dates and stats for C8s when a member has had a question
    Helped Brandon try to negotiate a deal for a Callaway
    Shared details of an AeroBody Camaro for sale that I was not able to purchase
    Shared details about a Callaway TT that was for sale
    Contributed information about 87 TT 004
    Contributed information about 88 TT 101 35th car
    Contributed information about the 1990 B2K that never got built
    Contributed information about 1st series IHI turbos
    Contributed information about sourcing Brembo pads and rotors
    Contributed a post sharing my plans to save and restore the Teal C8 convertible
    Offered a finders fee to a member who might be able to provide documentation for one of my cars
    Commented on silly winged cars (non Callaway chat stuff)
    Commented on silly Callaway burnouts
    Made some good friends that tell me how much you bad mouth me to them on a regular basis (including some at Callaway).
As far as what I have taken from the site, I have bought the wrecked teal C8. I spoke to Brian about a year prior to try to buy the car, and then saw that it was wrecked in a thread on the last forum. This is the only Callaway car or item that I have aquired as a result of seeing it on the Callaway forums. Everything else I have gotten has come from ebay, Callaway, or another avenue. I asked Brandon if he was going to buy the car, and he said no. I asked him if anybody else wanted to buy it, and he said no. After I made sure that he knew nobody that wanted it, I called Brian and bought it. After you knew that I bought it, you nicely decided to post the pictures of it wrecked. Nice

Chris, I have no problem contributing to a forum or site, but it is an uphill battle when I know that you bad mouth me to everybody you get the chance to. I think the reason that people may share your sentiment, is because you have done such a good job spreading the word. I do not have the free time to do constant damage control, so if you feel the need to express your opinion about me to everybody on the forum, go ahead. As for the people that have met me in person, or taken the time to know me online, they know who I am.

I will continue to look in here and help in any way I can, as I have done in the last forum. If you disregard all of the contributions that I make, because you want to see things in a different light, then all of my posts or contributions will be wasted here, as you seem to claim they were on the last forum.

Best regards to all,
Brangeta
11-PSI
11-PSI

Post by Brangeta »

I've honestly never understood the comment of Anthony liking to take, take, take. Nearly everyone on this forum, and the previous one has been very friendly to me and done me many favors. In return, I've always tried to post up interesting articles, go see local Callaways, post pics, videos, etc. to try to contribute and repay in some manner for the help others have given me. I don't recall many instances of Anthony asking anyone for any help doing much of anything.

Anthony has had several VERY long conversations with me on the phone about C8s, since, well, quite honestly, we're just about the only 2 people in the entire world who REALLY like talking about them and discussing them for hours. Anthony has helped me a lot by giving me good advice. Not all of the advice was advice I was able to pursue, because quite simply, I'm not wealthy enough at this point in my life (or successful enough) to own a very limited production, delicate car like a C8. As you can attest to Chris, a manual transmission isn't my best friend either, so having one of the many manual ones as my only car won't work. :-Laugh

That said, I really don't understand the take, take, take comment. Forums are about like-minded people sharing in their passion. The smaller the group, the more personal the message board is (you get to know people, you can post about your life, your experiences, etc.). People become not just online commentators, but friends. Not all friends can participate in all discussions, either because of time constraints, other time stealers, or even a lack of interest. Ex: I'm not always interested in the Corvette topics, so I don't read about 80% of them. Ex2: I don't post as much here, because I prefer to post on camaroz28.com because there's just not that much to discuss about C8s and Camaros here many times.

Anthony has helped me just as much as anyone else here. Chris and Mark have met up with me in Dallas... Chris has taken a video for me of a SNAT in normal driving behavior and either directly or indirectly taken photos he knows I'd be interested in. Jonstr, Critt, and Luigi have all taken and sent me NUMEROUS photos. Photos that I could not have gotten without their help; many times photos I directly requested they take. Jeroen and I have shared back and forth a lot of high res photos and videos. Big John has given me info about his C8 and more. Everyone has contributed in some manner to making this community one of the most personal, friendly communities I am a part of. Let's not single out a person who just simply does not post as often as many of the rest of us.
Brangeta Design Group
CallawayC8
4-PSI
4-PSI

Post by CallawayC8 »

Thank you Brandon for the kind words. I do consider you a friend, and I have the Callaway forums to thank for that. Thank you also for your honest opinion on this matter, spreading the word on the my Callaway, and just about every other positive thing that you have done in your posings on numerous sites, all dedicated to promoting the sharing of ideas between like-minded people. You are definately passionate about these cars, and I will always do everything I can to help you live your passion.

Best regards Brandon,

Anthony
Luigi
15-PSI
15-PSI

Post by Luigi »

Guys,

I am sorry that the comment was made in this thread, but there a members who only post either when they have an issue with their car or want to sell their car. If that is the only thing that they want to use this forum for, then we are no more than a help desk or a classified ad. We pay to have this forum to bring owners and enthusiasts together. There are no membership fees or dues but we expect some regular participation, not just when those members have a need. That is the sentiment that Chris was trying to express.

-Luigi
2005 Dodge Ram 1500
2008 Callaway C16
Luigi
15-PSI
15-PSI

Post by Luigi »

:nono

Oh guys... lets keep personal things on a personal medium.... no need to broadcast hostilities lest we all get in a bad mood.

How about we all be friends :hi

-Luigi
2005 Dodge Ram 1500
2008 Callaway C16
Callaway Chris
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by Callaway Chris »

Luigi wrote:Guys,

I am sorry that the comment was made in this thread, but there a members who only post either when they have an issue with their car or want to sell their car. If that is the only thing that they want to use this forum for, then we are no more than a help desk or a classified ad. We pay to have this forum to bring owners and enthusiasts together. There are no membership fees or dues but we expect some regular participation, not just when those members have a need. That is the sentiment that Chris was trying to express.

-Luigi

Luigi, I posted what I posted, as I found it interesting one could write an entire eBay ad, but not post the car for sale here. Rather, another person (who knows the story) posted it... That's baloney. If YOU have something for sale, post it. It looks funny, otherwise.

As far as taking, if this is true you do not, you should have no trouble selling all the parts you have bought over the years for what you have in them. The parts, Callaway Corvette owners have said you bought off eBay, etc. over the years. Fair enough :beer
CallawayC8
4-PSI
4-PSI

Post by CallawayC8 »

-Luigi
Hello Luigi,

I just checked my old posting stats, and I posted 81 times.

Out of those 81 posts, 1 was to advertise my Corvette Challenge engine for sale.

1 out of 81 is not exactly the take, take, take kind of attitiude that has been portrayed about me.

In the last 24 hours, I have posted 2 new threads to sell my Callaway Runflat wheels and my 1989 ZR1 wheels on the old site, but that is still a far cry from what is being portrayed.

I agree we should all be friends, keep in a good mood, and check our facts before we make judgements in a public forum.

Best regards,

Anthony :jsmile
CallawayC8
4-PSI
4-PSI

Post by CallawayC8 »

Callaway Chris wrote:

-Luigi

Luigi, I posted what I posted, as I found it interesting one could write an entire eBay ad, but not post the car for sale here. Rather, another person (who knows the story) posted it... That's baloney. If YOU have something for sale, post it. It looks funny, otherwise.

As far as taking, if this is true you do not, you should have no trouble selling all the parts you have bought over the years for what you have in them. The parts, Callaway Corvette owners have said you bought off eBay, etc. over the years. Fair enough :beer

??? Chris, I am a little confused. Luigi just suggested that if I have nothing to contribute to the site, other than advertising, then he would prefer me not to use the site as a classified add. I personally agree with him, however, it seems to me that you are suggesting that if I have something for sale, and I do not post it here, then it is Baloney??? And looks funny otherwise?????

That is odd, because Joseph's SN500 C8 is posted in here by members other than the owner, and you and everybody else seem to love that car. Why is that one not Baloney also??

As far as selling my stuff, are you suggesting that I have to sell them for what I paid??? If I had the opportunity to aquire items on another site, or even this one(which I did not), how do you think that I must sell them for what I paid????? I am completely baffled. You might want to PM me instead so others don't have to try to figure it out either. Or you can email me at tonykalil@hotmail.com. I check that one daily.

As I said, I would like to be friends and keep in a good mood on these forums. After all, we share common interests in some pretty neat cars. Lets keep that the focus.

Anthony
Callaway Chris
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by Callaway Chris »

I am not going to spell this out point-by-point.

The owner of the SNAT500 isn;'t on this site, or any other...

Fair enough - Anything else, take it offline :beer