Answers needed for two questions: B2K Oil Capacity and Wonderbar Size?

Discussion of Corvette based Callaway Cars including: 1987-1991 RPO B2K Callaway Twin Turbo Corvettes (C4); Callaway SuperNatural Corvettes (CL-1/CR-1); Callaway C12; Supercharged Corvettes; Callaway C16; 6th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC560, SC580, SC606, SC616, SC620, SC652); 7th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC627/SC757); NEW Callaway C8 Corvettes - and more!
MauriceCSmith

Answers needed for two questions: B2K Oil Capacity and Wonderbar Size?

Post by MauriceCSmith »

I have two questions I need help with:
1. The Callaway owners manual on my 88 TT indicates 6 quart capacity on the oil . When changing I only can get in about 5 1/2 before reaching full on the dipstick. Am I doning sometning incorrectly . or is the capacuty really 5 1/2 qt?

2. How do I determine if I have the "big" wonderbar or not.
SurfnSun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Answers needed for two questions

Post by SurfnSun »

Welcome to the forum Maurice!

1. You won't be able to get all of the oil out of the car due to the turbos, sump, lines etc. The system does hold 6 but getting 5.5qt sounds about right to me.

2. Wonderbar- When you look at the front frame rail of the car. If it look like this you have the small wonderbar

If it looks like this you have the BIG one :jsmile

Lets see some pictures of your car!
MauriceCSmith

Post by MauriceCSmith »

Thanks for the response. That helped, I thought maybe I was not getting the proper lube. You cleared that up. Thank too for the picture of the wonderbar. I apparently have the original bar. Still has plenty of oomph for an old gut like me. I'll have to take some photos to post. I have an 88 convert #24/400. White with red interior and a black top, Dymag wheels. Original car with 40000 miles.
SurfnSun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SurfnSun »

Very cool! How long have you owned the car?

A lot of the owners are at The Art and Automobile this weekend. They will be along soon enough to welcome. This is a great group. I assume youve been to the Callaway Owners Group(COG) website?

If you need any help posting pics let me know.
Luigi
15-PSI
15-PSI

Post by Luigi »

Maurice,

From the Art and the Automobile show, I wish you a big welcome :hi

This forum is the discussion side of our online participation in the Callaway Owners Group (COG). The other online component is
our COG website, [url]http:www.callawayownersgroup.com[/url] which has more static information and is our information base.
In addition to your participation here, I urge you to also go an register there to stay informed about the latest news of the COG.

Best Regards,

-Luigi
:cool
http://www.tv4autos.com
1956 Ford Thunderbird tricked out!
2005 Dodge Ram 1500
2008 Callaway C16
CalJim
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by CalJim »

Maurice,
Welcome-we need to see pics. This is a great group of folks with alot of knowledge and interest in the Callaway enterprise.
Enjoy!
Jim
Callaway Chris
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by Callaway Chris »

Welcome!!!!

As mentioned by Surf, if your car has the double aluminum elbows, it is the smaller Wonderbar. If you have the welded, angled inlet off the airbox, it is the BIG Wonderbar.

Looking forward to the pics. Thanks! :beer
MauriceCSmith

Post by MauriceCSmith »

From the photos, I am sure I have the original bar. I bought the car in 1992 at Edmark Chev in Nampa ID., at that time it had about 30000 miles. It was originally purchased in AR. by a doctor. Traded it in on a loaded van in 92. No accounting for taste. Recently had to put in a new radiator, clutch and have the OD rebuilt. Runs great. The Dymags have a couple of spots where the finish has been trashed by what appears to be a poor job mounting new tires prior to my owning it. Can they be refinished reasonably or is that a major deal? How do I post pics? It's a beautiful day so I will shoot a few and post them when I know how!
SurfnSun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SurfnSun »

Ye Ole Wheel Shop in Maryland can refinish and repair(if needed) your Dymag wheels. Most every Callaway owner that needed Dymag work has gone there. The refinish is ~100/wheel. I had mine done there and they looked amazing.

RE: pictures. You can upload pictures to the post. Under the reply box there should be a tab for "upload attachment" click that and then hit Browse. Find the file you want and hit Add the File. When you are done click the Submit under the text box and your pics will be hosted online. :thumbs

Ye Ole Wheel Shop
6363 Washington Blvd
Elkridge, MD 21075
Phone: (410) 796-8400
*89x2*
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by *89x2* »

Good info to keep near for others to read and benefit, especially as these cars change hands :thumbs
BIGJOHN
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by BIGJOHN »

SurfnSun wrote: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:18 pm Ye Ole Wheel Shop in Maryland can refinish and repair(if needed) your Dymag wheels. Most every Callaway owner that needed Dymag work has gone there. The refinish is ~100/wheel. I had mine done there and they looked amazing.

RE: pictures. You can upload pictures to the post. Under the reply box there should be a tab for "upload attachment" click that and then hit Browse. Find the file you want and hit Add the File. When you are done click the Submit under the text box and your pics will be hosted online. :thumbs

Ye Ole Wheel Shop
6363 Washington Blvd
Elkridge, MD 21075
Phone: (410) 796-8400
Ye Ole Wheel Shop
Has been out of business for quite some time!
SurfnSun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Answers needed for two questions: B2K Oil Capacity and Wonderbar Size?

Post by SurfnSun »

BIGJOHN wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:09 pm
Ye Ole Wheel Shop
Has been out of business for quite some time!
Yeah I posted that in 2008 :-Laugh
BIGJOHN
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by BIGJOHN »

Are you doing ok?
:beer
SurfnSun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SurfnSun »

Yes sir! Feeling much better. Thank you :beer