F/S 1981 BMW 320i Callaway turbo

A discussion Forum for all other Callaway Vehicles and Projects, including the Callaway SportTrucks and SUVs, Callaway Camaros, and Cadillac CTS-V Series Automobiles, plus historic VW, Mercedes, Porsche, Alfa Romeo and many more including the Callaway Bump-Up Kits
kingforward
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

F/S 1981 BMW 320i Callaway turbo

Post by kingforward »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-3-Se ... sQ5fTrucks

quoting the Ebay post...
"This is a pretty rare 320i Callaway Turbo conversion by Reeves Callaway / Callaway Turbosystems in Old Lyme, Connecticut. I bought this car over 20 years ago and it was my summer car for many years. Never driven in winter and always barn stored on a dry, elevated wood floor. The color is chestnut red with a black interior. This car was assembled at the Callaway shops; many of the "old guard" remembered this car as "Dr. Savage's car". I have no bills, receipts or other documentation for the conversion, but there is no doubt from my past conversations that this car was genuinely built at Callaway, not from a kit. I do have the dealer paper work for the original sale of the car. The car was purchased new at Gengras Motors in Hartford, CT by a Dr. Savage, who traded a 1973 Monte Carlo for it. I really hate to sell as it really is a member of the family, but I just don't drive it anymore as my collection has moved toward American cars. The car handles really well and has nice power. It has 1981 technology, but even today it takes a pretty decent car to keep up with it on our twisty Vermont roads.

I did improve a few things over the years: Stainless brake lines, short throw shifter, cross drilled rotors, Eibach springs and Bilstein struts, Anza exhaust, Rear swaybar added, 205/50/15 rubber. The car has a little rust; the typical trunk lip under the weatherstrip and a couple of blisters have shown up, but no dangerous or structural rust as this car was summer driven only. The car should be touched up to be perfect, but a complete paint is not necessary. The paint is PPG Base/Clear, so its easily matched and blended. I have a 100% rating for a reason and intend to keep it, so bid with confidence.

1.8 Liter engine with turbocharger and intercooler, 5 speed, AM/FM/CD with amp and trunk mounted sub box and multi disk changer. 130,000 well cared for miles. I bought the car with 66,000 miles. I will only disclose paper work details to the buyer and will not reveal the reserve. If you want the car, bid fairly and often. Sorry, but I'm not interested in picture collectors or information hoarders; I've been down that road before. If the car does not meet reserve, it will remain in my possession. I will gladly answer any questions from seriously interested parties. $500 non returnable deposit due within 48 hours of winning bid thru PayPal; balance in cash when you pick up the car. Shipping is responsibility of buyer. "