87 Callaway convertable for sale

Discussion of Corvette based Callaway Cars including: 1987-1991 RPO B2K Callaway Twin Turbo Corvettes (C4); Callaway SuperNatural Corvettes (CL-1/CR-1); Callaway C12; Supercharged Corvettes; Callaway C16; 6th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC560, SC580, SC606, SC616, SC620, SC652); 7th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC627/SC757); NEW Callaway C8 Corvettes - and more!
streteglide6

87 Callaway convertable for sale

Post by streteglide6 »

I'm trying to find a realistic value for my 87 . It's bright red w/ saddle top and interior. Greenwood ground effects. Enke wheels. the wheels were on the car when i bought it . 4x3 trans. 15,000 miles. few little dings here and there, Otherwise the car is perfect. I priced it at 35,000. anybody?
SurfnSun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 87 Callaway convertable for sale

Post by SurfnSun »

Well, that car was listed for less than 25k for the last year or more.

Did you recently buy it to flip? If that's the case, I'm afraid you could be in trouble.

You'd be much better off dumping those wheels and putting some thing on the car that looks a little more modern, like some Amolds or invest in Dymags.

Either way that car isn't going to bring $30k or more. A very nice 87 with Dymags just sold for $17.5k at the BJ auction.
streteglide6

Post by streteglide6 »

Thanks for the input, after i bought it a lot of knowledgeable people advised me that the car should be preserved in a collection. Also that it should not be driven. Don't have a whole lot to spend, guess i'll price a set of wheels. maybe even see if the original owner still has the originals. Thanks again, If i don't sell it in the next few months i'll drive it. It really is a stunner. I'm into it for 21 so i guess we'll see what happens.
SurfnSun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SurfnSun »

The body kit does not help the value at all, quite the opposite actually. These cars are a blast to drive.

Swap the wheels and drive the heck out of it. :thumbs
undercover
7-PSI
7-PSI

Post by undercover »

Agree, high teens on your car. Being an '87 and the body kit are a minus, convertible a plus. Too bad, a forum member just sold a set of rare '87-only 16 inch dymags on eBay for ~$1,500. I wouldn't go crazy on wheels. Period correct enkei or epsilon wheels go nicely with the greenwood body kit.
1987 CTTC conv #147
1987 Guldstrand/Traco Grand Sport 80 #18
Block Tester
SurfnSun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SurfnSun »

The car has Enkei's on it and they are just awful. No offense to the owner, he didn't put them on it.

Id put some A-mold's or repo's on it. However, there is an 87 on Corvette forum with 18" Fikse FM5's and the seller of that car is willing to separate the wheels, that would make your car look awesome. He is a b2k owner as well. I tried to find a picture of the wheels that are on on the car now, but I can't. I would switch them out immediately if it was me.

The instant $14k increase in sales price says 'bought to flip' in my world. My guess is you'll be lucky to break even in this market. Id keep it an enjoy if you have that option.
streteglide6

Post by streteglide6 »

I don't have to sell the 87.I thought i pretty much explained the situation. I would be interested in the wheels that you mentioned. Let me know if you can find the information , with pics. thanks. I contacted the orig.owner and she is going to find out a price. think it's wheels and tires. I'll get a born on date for the tires. Thank you for your time.
SurfnSun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SurfnSun »

MarkSS
4-PSI
4-PSI

Post by MarkSS »

My 88 has just over 15000 miles and I figure I can drive it 1000 miles per year without major impact to the value. Cars are made to drive, so if you aren't going to drive it, I would sell it as well.