SC560 Question to owners

A discussion Forum for all other Callaway Vehicles and Projects, including the Callaway SportTrucks and SUVs, Callaway Camaros, and Cadillac CTS-V Series Automobiles, plus historic VW, Mercedes, Porsche, Alfa Romeo and many more including the Callaway Bump-Up Kits
sealandsky

SC560 Question to owners

Post by sealandsky »

I have a 2019 Yukon SC560 and have a question for other SC560 owners. Callaway advertises that the SC560 makes 560 HP at 6200 RPM. However, my vehicle's rev limiter cuts off the engine somewhere between 5850 and 5900 RPM. I'm curious as to what others out there are experiencing. I've reached out to both Chuck and Chris at Callaway via email a few weeks ago, but neither has respond to my question so am starting to wonder if there is an issue with the SC560 that they cannot explain.
BIGJOHN
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Re: SC560 Question to owners

Post by BIGJOHN »

The rev limiter is set by GM.
If you change that it may Affect your warranty.
I don’t think Chris is with Callaway at this time.
SurfnSun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SurfnSun »

As John stated, Chris isn’t with Callaway anymore. I’d email Pete Callaway, he will point you in the right direction.
sealandsky

Post by sealandsky »

BIGJOHN wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:14 am The rev limiter is set by GM.
If you change that it may Affect your warranty.
I don’t think Chris is with Callaway at this time.
The ECM is originally set by the factory, Callaway's reprogramming with the SC560 raises it some, but Callaway's own spec's on their website state "560 HP @ 6200 RPM - I'm not making this up. I hit the limiter at or before 5900 so am wondering about the validity of Callaway's figures.
sealandsky

Post by sealandsky »

SurfnSun wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:45 pm As John stated, Chris isn’t with Callaway anymore. I’d email Pete Callaway, he will point you in the right direction.
Thanks, I'll try calling and see who I can connect with.