SC560 Fuel Pump Blowout

A discussion Forum for all other Callaway Vehicles and Projects, including the Callaway SportTrucks and SUVs, Callaway Camaros, and Cadillac CTS-V Series Automobiles, plus historic VW, Mercedes, Porsche, Alfa Romeo and many more including the Callaway Bump-Up Kits
wyesguy

SC560 Fuel Pump Blowout

Post by wyesguy »

I have a new 2019 Suburban SC560, which suddenly would not start. Before I knew it the parking lot was drenched with fuel, as gas was gushing over the backside of my engine while the starter was turning over. It was towed to a dealer and the GM mechanic had to remove the supercharger to access everything. He said the high pressure pump "came apart", and a newer part number has been issued for its replacement. It also requires a newer fuel line...all from Callaway (something about the existing Callaway fuel line may have been a contributing factor?). The dealer says it's all performance equipment from Callaway and it may be a week before parts arrive and it's fixed. That's a major failure. It would likely have been a full blown highway-shutdown vehicle fire if it happened while running with a hot engine. It's not very comforting to know that the new Callaway supercharger has already had to be removed. Just curious if anyone else had this happen. Would you think this a freak incident or part of a TSB/recall type event, especially with newer part numbers being used?
*89x2*
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Re: SC560 Fuel Pump Blowout

Post by *89x2* »

Something like that, I would definitely be reassured in the fact that a revised part is being installed. Sounds like the dealer, and Callaway, are on top of this. That said, the pump is a GM supplied part, and so are most of the lines, if not all.

In the meantime, how have you enjoyed the SUV, otherwise? Hopefully all good, and a bunch of fun. :beer