Microfueler issues

Discussion of Corvette based Callaway Cars including: 1987-1991 RPO B2K Callaway Twin Turbo Corvettes (C4); Callaway SuperNatural Corvettes (CL-1/CR-1); Callaway C12; Supercharged Corvettes; Callaway C16; 6th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC560, SC580, SC606, SC616, SC620, SC652); 7th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC627/SC757); NEW Callaway C8 Corvettes - and more!
WayneP

Microfueler issues

Post by WayneP »

Hi all
I have a 1987 Callaway #83 which has run great up until lately, the car now coughs and splutters when I try to go on to boost as if it is not receiving enough fuel. Pulled the microfueler and put external air pressure (15psi) onto it, no change to idle so am assuming an issue is with the microfueler.
The vehicle and I reside in Brisbane Australia so not too many Callaway experts down here.
Are the microfueler repairable and if so who is best to contact? I am coming to the states in August and will be heading up to Corvette’s of Carslie so hopefully catch up with some other owners.
Regards
Wayne Porteous
Rudevette
5-PSI
5-PSI

Re: Microfueler issues

Post by Rudevette »

What microfueler was used on those cars?

-Justin
2007 Callaway Corvette convertible. 3LT, Z51, automatic, polished supercharger, engine covers signed by Reeves Callaway, Atomic Orange Metallic with tan top and interior.
*89x2*
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by *89x2* »

Rudevette wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:21 pm What microfueler was used on those cars?

-Justin

It was a Callaway part, but last I heard, the source or electronics whiz who serviced them, no longer did.

That said, there was some discussion awhile back on another, more modern aux injector controller. I believe BoostedMaxPSI had one on his car and same with ATS Aaron, but may have been different units accomplishing the same thing.

If you are sure the controller isn't firing the injectors - which isn't an impossible thing... You could look into something like this:

http://callawayownersgroup.com/viewtopi ... 956#p26956

http://callawayownersgroup.com/viewtopi ... 919#p25919
puzzigully
5-PSI
5-PSI

Post by puzzigully »

Wayne,

Before you blame the microfueller, get the two injectors it controls, cleaned and tested.

This was the issue with mine - had all eight on the engine cleaned, still ran poorly - cleaned the two additional ones and it restored all the lost ponies that had escaped.

I think, as the additional injectors don't necessarily run all the time, they are more prone to being gummed up
I'm in Oz too, if you'd like to chat

Let us know how you go!
WayneP

Post by WayneP »

Hi
I would love to have a chat regarding the microfueler and injector’s. Will pull the injectors and have them cleaned and see how things progress.
puzzigully
5-PSI
5-PSI

Post by puzzigully »

Wayne,

happy to as I had a local guy get inside the ECM and do some magic as they're very similar to the Holden ECM's

Feel free to call me on zero 438 573753

Cheers
WayneP

Post by WayneP »

Just had the additional injectors tested and cleaned both were working perfect so I am back looking at the MF again.
WayneP

Post by WayneP »

Hi there
Where are you located? My phone number is 0447005446 if you would like to chat sometime
TrippleLift

Post by TrippleLift »

Have any pictures of the aux injectors? I pulled mine out and I dont see a plastic cap on the tip.
Jeroenvgfn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeroenvgfn »

There is a microfueler test with lightbulbs to see if it works
Callaway Owners Group : Division Europe
Callaway C1 project registry member