Why don't these window stickers match?

Discussion of Corvette based Callaway Cars including: 1987-1991 RPO B2K Callaway Twin Turbo Corvettes (C4); Callaway SuperNatural Corvettes (CL-1/CR-1); Callaway C12; Supercharged Corvettes; Callaway C16; 6th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC560, SC580, SC606, SC616, SC620, SC652); 7th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC627/SC757); NEW Callaway C8 Corvettes - and more!
jonstr
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Why don't these window stickers match?

Post by jonstr »

I just received a copy of the window sticker and build sheet for 91-024 from the Museum. Joanne also emailed me a copy of the original window sticker they had in their files. I'm curious why these don't match up. This is the first time I've had access to both, and I've always just assumed that the museum versions were printed from "original" records. However, although the differences are not huge, it does indicate some difference in the Museum's data. Does anybody know why this might be? Anybody else seen this?

I've attached snippets of each sticker below. Note that the prices shown for the 'Preferred Equipment Group 1', 'Black Leather Adjsustable Sport Bucket Seats', and the 'Six-way Passenger Power Seat' are all different. Also, the copy of the original includes the 'Engine Oil Cooler', which is *not* on the museum copy (however this option *is* on the build sheet copy). Of course, that also means the total price for the options and for the car differs too. Finally, the order of the option listing is different, which isn't a big deal, but curious if the data sources were the same.
Copy of original
Copy of original
Callaway.jpg (70.31 KiB) Viewed 6383 times
Museum version
Museum version
museum.jpg (70.21 KiB) Viewed 6384 times
Last edited by jonstr on Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Later,
Jonstr
Currently Callaway-less
Luigi
15-PSI
15-PSI

Re: Why don't these window stickers match?

Post by Luigi »

Jon,

That is very strange indeed. Perhaps there was a mid-year price increase and that is what the museum reflects on the replica window sticker. I would expect issues with the B2K option but not with standard factory RPO's.

-Luigi
http://www.tv4autos.com
1956 Ford Thunderbird tricked out!
2005 Dodge Ram 1500
2008 Callaway C16
jonstr
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by jonstr »

I sent the question to the museum person who handles orders. She probably doesn't have the answers directly, but maybe she can point me in the right direction. I imagine things are pretty busy for them this week/weekend, so if one of you lucky folks who were able to go to the HOF event get the chance to ask Megan to check her email, that would be great. :D
Later,
Jonstr
Currently Callaway-less
Callaway Chris
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by Callaway Chris »

Jon, I bet there was an incremental price hike - the two do not reflect this between them. But I will see what I can find...
jonstr
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by jonstr »

I guess a price hike is a possibility, but that would defeat the purpose of getting the "original" sticker. :x That would also imply they are printing them from a database of some sort (linking options to prices in real time), instead of from original records, which is what I've always assumed. Maybe that was a bad assumption on my part.

But, there is still the matter of the oil cooler missing from the museum version...
Later,
Jonstr
Currently Callaway-less
jonstr
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by jonstr »

I received an unusual resolution to this question today. In today's mail was a shipping envelope from the Museum, and inside was a corrected copy of the window sticker that now matches the original that I received a copy of from Callaway. No explanation as to what happened, why it happened, or how it was fixed, just the updated copies. From a restoration/documentation perspective, it would be really interesting to know why the first set didn't match and how they corrected it, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Makes me wonder how many other people have received incorrect window stickers... :wtf
Later,
Jonstr
Currently Callaway-less