Forum newbies.... Welcome!

Discussion of Corvette based Callaway Cars including: 1987-1991 RPO B2K Callaway Twin Turbo Corvettes (C4); Callaway SuperNatural Corvettes (CL-1/CR-1); Callaway C12; Supercharged Corvettes; Callaway C16; 6th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC560, SC580, SC606, SC616, SC620, SC652); 7th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC627/SC757); NEW Callaway C8 Corvettes - and more!
Luigi
15-PSI
15-PSI

Forum newbies.... Welcome!

Post by Luigi »

For those who are new the new to the board, please drop in and introduce yourselves. :hi

Welcome Aboard!

-Luigi
:cool
http://www.tv4autos.com
1956 Ford Thunderbird tricked out!
2005 Dodge Ram 1500
2008 Callaway C16
02hawk
4-PSI
4-PSI

Re: Forum newbies.... Welcome!

Post by 02hawk »

Hi all ....former Lurker now a member.

Recently ordered a 2010 Callaway Grand Sport in Cyber grey plus a few other goodies including the Callaway shifter and the exhaust louvres from Nicolson Chevrolet in Edmonton Alberta Canada. the car is built and should be enroute to California for its awakening.

This will be my 2nd Chev in my 50 year existence and my first Corvette. I have been a die hard Pontiac brand member and collector for all of my life. I have secretly wanted a Callaway Corvette for years but would have had to divorce my family and my beliefs. That all changed in April when GM killed an 84 year icon, in order to go on bended knee to our respective governments for a new lip to breast attachment. On Pontiacs demise I came to the conclusion that I had been set free to step over to the dark side and aquire other brands. I currently own a GMC diesel 2500 that sees use as a daily driver, a 1970 GTO RA iii Car, which is currently set up to run the 1320 which it does with aplomb in the mid 10's. I am running a 541 ci aftermarket block pontiac currently out getting freshened for next spring. The goal is a 9. I also have a 70 Orbit Orange Judge 4speed car that is driven often. It is not a numbers car but has a healthy 455 between the rails that melts the tires on command. I also have an 02 Firehawk Vert (last year) Sunset orange with a MN6 that is a fun car to drive and own. My wife is a BMW freak with a an X5 that is banished from the garage along with any grown prodgeny (3 at last count and they are finally all gone...yeah...big victory dance etc) . I finally own my garage and I have set it up in a very tacky way with a plethora of scantily clad beauties, car signs, clocks, beer stuff big screen TV , fridge etc. I find myself being a very happy home guy.

I can't wait to take delivery of my SC606 in the next 2 months and get it out went the snow is gone....I envy you Southern boys and just love the cars you post
CalJim
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by CalJim »

Welcome 02hawk-the car is sensational and the group of Callaway enthusiasts on this forum is simply the best :beer
Luigi
15-PSI
15-PSI

Post by Luigi »

02hawk,

Congrats!

We can't wait to see pictures of your new ride!...

I've been thinking of starting a new Forum for Classics and Collectibles (non-Callaway, Corvette, or Camaro).

-Luigi
2005 Dodge Ram 1500
2008 Callaway C16
kingforward
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by kingforward »

welcome aboard 02hawk. Look forward to seeing pics of your new Callaway. :thumbs
Forvettes
5-PSI
5-PSI

Post by Forvettes »

I've been lurking here a while and it is time to introduce myself. I live near St. Louis and currently own 3 Corvettes (62 Fuelie, 96 Grand Sport Coupe, 96 Grand Sport Convertible, plus a 57 Chevy Convertible). I have previously owned a 62 340 HP, 70 LT1, 69 Convertible and just today sold an 06 Convertible.

Gil (gils4sea) introduced me to the forum. He, another friend Dan and I just spent several days in Bowling Green watching my Grand Sport being built. It was finished yesterday (1/25/10).
Cyber Gray
Convertible
Black Top
Hertiage Package
2-Tone Red/Black seats
Paddle Shift

It will soon be going to CT for the SC606 conversion and then back to Bowling Green for Museum Delivery.

Dave
CalJim
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by CalJim »

Dave,
Great package-can't wait for Museum Delivery pictures!!!!!!
Congrats and welcome
Jim
SurfnSun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SurfnSun »

02hawk & Forvettes...Welcome to the Callaway forum.

Can't wait to hear about your first boost-filled drive. :cool
Jeroenvgfn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeroenvgfn »

02hawk & Forvettes...Welcome to the Callaway place to be :hi

:beer for pictures and video footage of your Callaway cars :jsmile
Callaway Owners Group : Division Europe
Callaway C1 project registry member
02hawk
4-PSI
4-PSI

Post by 02hawk »

Thanks Guys

Great to be here....BTW my GS is now in the Callaway California shop, according to my dealer.
Forvettes
5-PSI
5-PSI

Post by Forvettes »

02hawk wrote:Thanks Guys

Great to be here....BTW my GS is now in the Callaway California shop, according to my dealer.
I just found out my GS is going to CA instead of CT. That is if they can find it. Right now it is buried under snow at the plant.
v8fahrer
1-PSI
1-PSI

Post by v8fahrer »

Hi to all,

at first: my English is not the best but I try to learn each day :cool

I am a German living in Austria. While I was searching for information about Callaway Corvettes, I found this forum and here I am. I own a 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Station and a BMW E46.
Because of I am searching for something special, fast and with a big fun factor, I hope to find these needs in a Callaway Corvette C4. For sure here I found a good source for my questions.

cu

Ronny
CalJim
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by CalJim »

Welcome Ronny-we have people check in from all around the world. This is a great bunch of very loyal, helpful and knowledgeable Callaway enthusiasts. You are in the right place and good luck on your Callaway C4 hunt. :beer
Duffy
1-PSI
1-PSI

Post by Duffy »

Hi Luigi

Just purchased my first 1987 CTTC - have a 1985 Z51 vette which is lots of fun. I am eagerely awaiting my new toys arrival in New Zealand. I have bought it sight unseen from eBay(risky I know) but I am hoping the car is as good as seller tells me and photos suggest.

Any history or comments on car would be greatly appreciated.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEWNX%3AIT

Will still be 4-6 weeks away - Just arrived in LA from Texas and is awaiting shipping.

I know very little about Callaway cars and will most probably ask lots of dumb questions to start with. But if ya don't ask ya don't ever learm now do ya.

Thanks............Duffy
Attachments
Pic of new car
Pic of new car
Pic 1.jpg (57.92 KiB) Viewed 27873 times

Duffy
NEW ZEALAND
1987 CTTC #40, 2002 V Rod with NOS, 2010 Buell XB12SS, 1988 HD Heritage
Luigi
15-PSI
15-PSI

Post by Luigi »

Hi Mark,

Congratulations!

I just visited the ebay link and it looks like a very pristine and low mileage CTTC.

I own a 1991 which is a bit different from the 1987 (different turbos) with a ZF6 transmission (and have owned it ~10 years now).

It is my opinion that maintenance on these cars is no different than any other Corvette. Just change the oil with reasonable prudence and use Mobil-1 15W50 as noted on the side intercooler. The only other recommendation that I normally make is that these cars are now ~20+ years old so it may be prudent to change the oil and water lines to the turbos or at least inspect them to ensure that they are not brittle. You would not want either one ruptured since the turbo's on these cars are both water & oil cooled.

Also note the Premium Fuel requirement.

Enjoy the ride,

-Luigi
2005 Dodge Ram 1500
2008 Callaway C16
ALFONSE

Post by ALFONSE »

Hello,
I'm Alfonse and new to this forum. I live in Nashville and owned a beautiful 2005 DSOM Vert, a really nice car. So two weeks ago I take it in for an oil change, so far so good! They are unloading two Callaway's, both Crystal Red Metallic (1 - Coupe, 1 - Convertible), still so far so good! The salesperson pops the hood and I see the chrome blower staring at me, love at first sight. I go home to tell the little lady about the car and my excessive salivating, next thing I know I own it, what a ride! The 2005 I could horse around, not this muscle bound lady, she needs to be treated with respect :h6 . Does anyone know of a person or company that make scale model Callaway's? Mine is a 2010, Crystal Red Metallic, Cashmere with a Beige Top SC606.
Glad to be onboard!
AL
BIGJOHN
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by BIGJOHN »

ALFONSE wrote:Hello,
I'm Alfonse and new to this forum. I live in Nashville and owned a beautiful 2005 DSOM Vert, a really nice car. So two weeks ago I take it in for an oil change, so far so good! They are unloading two Callaway's, both Crystal Red Metallic (1 - Coupe, 1 - Convertible), still so far so good! The salesperson pops the hood and I see the chrome blower staring at me, love at first sight. I go home to tell the little lady about the car and my excessive salivating, next thing I know I own it, what a ride! The 2005 I could horse around, not this muscle bound lady, she needs to be treated with respect :h6 . Does anyone know of a person or company that make scale model Callaway's? Mine is a 2010, Crystal Red Metallic, Cashmere with a Beige Top SC606.
Glad to be onboard!
AL
Welcome!!!
Enjoy your new Callaway Convertible!
:cool :hi :beer
Luigi
15-PSI
15-PSI

Post by Luigi »

ALFONSE wrote:Hello,
Glad to be onboard!
AL
Al,

Welcome aboard and congratulations!!... We would love to see you post some pictures of your CRM beauty.

There is no company producing these yet but we have a magician in the group who I personally believe could definitely open one up. Please glance at the current Callaway Owners Group - Callaway of the Quarter.

:beer

Here is another one... http://www.tv4autos.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1160 :thumb1

-Luigi
2005 Dodge Ram 1500
2008 Callaway C16
i10fwy
11-PSI
11-PSI

Post by i10fwy »

Hi All, I am new to the group, I have know Reeves since 1986 when I became one of his first dealers, Iten Chevrolet in Minneapolis, MN. I got out of the business 15years ago and the dealership is long gone too! I now live in Phoenix and have not had a Vette since getting out of the business.

Recently I came across a car and bought it on the spot 1987 car #70 12,800 mi

The car had (according to the original owner) and auto transplant when new! I am now in the process of researching this and have spoke to Reeves about it, if anyone knows anything about this car I would sure like to here.

Would really like to find a set of 16" Dymags for it.

Regards
Chris
i10fwy
87-070
jonstr
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by jonstr »

i10fwy wrote:Hi All, I am new to the group, I have know Reeves since 1986 when I became one of his first dealers, Iten Chevrolet in Minneapolis, MN. I got out of the business 15years ago and the dealership is long gone too! I now live in Phoenix and have not had a Vette since getting out of the business.

Recently I came across a car and bought it on the spot 1987 car #70 12,800 mi

The car had (according to the original owner) and auto transplant when new! I am now in the process of researching this and have spoke to Reeves about it, if anyone knows anything about this car I would sure like to here.

Would really like to find a set of 16" Dymags for it.

Regards
Chris
Welcome to the forum, Chris! Good to hear from another Phoenecian. I live in Scottsdale, would love to see your car some time.
Later,
Jonstr
Currently Callaway-less