(Forum REQUIREMENT) Owners, Post pics of your Callaways...

Discussion of Corvette based Callaway Cars including: 1987-1991 RPO B2K Callaway Twin Turbo Corvettes (C4); Callaway SuperNatural Corvettes (CL-1/CR-1); Callaway C12; Supercharged Corvettes; Callaway C16; 6th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC560, SC580, SC606, SC616, SC620, SC652); 7th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC627/SC757); NEW Callaway C8 Corvettes - and more!
Dakota Aero
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Re: (Forum REQUIREMENT) Owners, Post pics of your Callaways...

Post by Dakota Aero »

Indy:

Thanks for posting your pics. Nice phones, bet it sounds great.
Welcome back.
DA
Indycallaway
4-PSI
4-PSI

Post by Indycallaway »

gils4sea wrote:It's good to see another Hoosier(assumption based on your name) on this forum. Welcome! I live near Evansville and also have an '87 B2K.
Gil
Yep.... Live in Indy on the near north side..... Car is in OK shape.... Paint sucks, real bad, but it runs OK.... Currently have tranny issue where it will pop out of third gear under boost.... Thinking of just biting the bullet and doing the keisler swap to a 6 speed which should make that car really fun.... Have told the story before but, for those who dont know, My father bought that car new in 87 from Hansen Chevrolet out of the northwest... Put the car in a hauler and brought it to Indy (never forget the day... I was 9 years old). He kept it from 87 to 98 and sold it to his best friend. My father died 4 years ago from cancer. His best friend called me about a year after his death and told me the car needed to be mine. He thought I should have it. We agreed on a very fair price and I brought her home. The car really looks like poop but thats whats great about pulling up to the unkowning punk in a ricer at a stoplight.... he has no idea what is next to him.... just thinks its a bald guy in a POS old vette that the clear coats is completly gone on :jsmile Then I smash the go pedal and laugh all the way to the next stoplight when I look back over and have to lift the kids jaw off his dash..... usually get the " what the hell is in that thing" Anyway..... That's the story of 1987 #23 :beer
Indycallaway
4-PSI
4-PSI

Post by Indycallaway »

Dakota Aero wrote:Indy:

Thanks for posting your pics. Nice phones, bet it sounds great.
Welcome back.
DA
Yep... those are the real deal too.... no knock off's on her :jsmile Sounds a mean as the day it was brought home
CalJim
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by CalJim »

Indycallaway wrote:
gils4sea wrote:It's good to see another Hoosier(assumption based on your name) on this forum. Welcome! I live near Evansville and also have an '87 B2K.
Gil
Yep.... Live in Indy on the near north side..... Car is in OK shape.... Paint sucks, real bad, but it runs OK.... Currently have tranny issue where it will pop out of third gear under boost.... Thinking of just biting the bullet and doing the keisler swap to a 6 speed which should make that car really fun.... Have told the story before but, for those who dont know, My father bought that car new in 87 from Hansen Chevrolet out of the northwest... Put the car in a hauler and brought it to Indy (never forget the day... I was 9 years old). He kept it from 87 to 98 and sold it to his best friend. My father died 4 years ago from cancer. His best friend called me about a year after his death and told me the car needed to be mine. He thought I should have it. We agreed on a very fair price and I brought her home. The car really looks like poop but thats whats great about pulling up to the unkowning punk in a ricer at a stoplight.... he has no idea what is next to him.... just thinks its a bald guy in a POS old vette that the clear coats is completly gone on :jsmile Then I smash the go pedal and laugh all the way to the next stoplight when I look back over and have to lift the kids jaw off his dash..... usually get the " what the hell is in that thing" Anyway..... That's the story of 1987 #23 :beer
IndyCallaway
What a great story!! Your Dad had a wonderful friend and great son plus a pretty neat car!
Indycallaway
4-PSI
4-PSI

Post by Indycallaway »

CalJim wrote:
Indycallaway wrote:
Gil
IndyCallaway
What a great story!! Your Dad had a wonderful friend and great son plus a pretty neat car!
Thanks!!
GSTim
5-PSI
5-PSI

Post by GSTim »

Here's my 2010 GS with the SC606 package:

kingforward
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by kingforward »

Car looks great! congratulations. :beer
Callaway Chris
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by Callaway Chris »

kingforward wrote:Car looks great! congratulations. :beer
:stupid No doubt! :beer
callawayz06
7-PSI
7-PSI

Post by callawayz06 »

Nice day to take some new pictures. :sunny
Attachments
IMAG0195.JPG
IMAG0195.JPG (177.31 KiB) Viewed 12171 times
IMAG0194.JPG
IMAG0194.JPG (277.33 KiB) Viewed 12171 times
IMAG0209.JPG
IMAG0209.JPG (305.01 KiB) Viewed 12171 times
IMAG0203.JPG
IMAG0203.JPG (197.16 KiB) Viewed 12171 times
IMAG0199.JPG
IMAG0199.JPG (322.6 KiB) Viewed 12171 times
IMAG0207.JPG
IMAG0207.JPG (202.12 KiB) Viewed 12171 times
etmaguire
7-PSI
7-PSI

Post by etmaguire »

DSC_0500_edited-1.jpg
DSC_0500_edited-1.jpg (104.09 KiB) Viewed 12153 times
DSC_0498_edited-1.jpg
DSC_0498_edited-1.jpg (102.35 KiB) Viewed 12153 times
DSC_0504_edited-1.jpg
DSC_0504_edited-1.jpg (106.14 KiB) Viewed 12153 times
DSC_0507_edited-1.jpg
DSC_0507_edited-1.jpg (77.63 KiB) Viewed 12153 times
Ed Maguire, aka 2vetteEd
etmaguire@comcast.net
South Florida, USA

In My Garage:
Laguna Blue, 2014 Premier Edition Stingray
Black, 2014 Chevrolet SS
02hawk
4-PSI
4-PSI

Re: (Forum REQUIREMENT) Owners, Post pics of your Callaways.

Post by 02hawk »

Alas.....I cannot get the pics small enough to post on the forum. I am an editing and photo software idiot. Don't even attempt to instruct me..that too will lead to failure. I will wait until one of the kids is home

But got the SC606 home yesterday. What a beautiful car.....there are pictures of it ...it was the Cyber Grey Grande sport that was at the Spring mountain get together last month. Callaway had it on display there
Luigi
15-PSI
15-PSI

Post by Luigi »

02hawk,

Here are instructions on how to resize pictures http://www.tv4autos.com/forum/viewtopic ... size#p2122

Note that you should do this on a copy of the picture so that you preserve the larger original for future use.

-Luigi
:cool
http://www.tv4autos.com
1956 Ford Thunderbird tricked out!
2005 Dodge Ram 1500
2008 Callaway C16
jonstr
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by jonstr »

Took the cars to the launch Cruise-In for the Copperstate 1000 Rally today. Got some primo parking for them up on the patio instead of in the parking lot, so it worked out great!

Later,
Jonstr
Currently Callaway-less
Forvettes
5-PSI
5-PSI

Post by Forvettes »

Well our 2010 Callaway Grand Sport was finally tucked away in the garage last night. Thanks to all that joined me online or in person for the event. Thanks Gil and Chris. I am extremely pleased with the final result.

Here are some pictures I took today.

Image Image Image Image Image
Duffy
1-PSI
1-PSI

Post by Duffy »

This is my new baby - 1987 number 40. 12,500 miles. MINT original condition

Just passed New Zealand import tests and on the road now for 2 weeks. Is the first and only Callway in my country.

What an awesome fun car. Makes me want to get a later model one now.....Guess I've caught the Callaway bug.

Cheers..........Duffy
Attachments
DSCF5408a.JPG
DSCF5408a.JPG

Duffy
NEW ZEALAND
1987 CTTC #40, 2002 V Rod with NOS, 2010 Buell XB12SS, 1988 HD Heritage
sven-labil
5-PSI
5-PSI

Post by sven-labil »

Here's mine. 1987 #132 36K miles delivered form England to Sweden on the 9th of June but since the condition was... well not mint I've struggled all summer to get it working and pass the Swedish import tests.
Since the UK dealer Claremont Corvette had a very good reputation I dared to buy it unseen but that turned out more like you could expect from picking a dealer at random...

Anyway I've just received the Swedish licence plates :jsmile and I think it's the first Callaway in Sweden. :cool
ReadyForLaunch.JPG
This is how little the Corvette respects my Saab 9-5 Aero.
MorningCough.JPG
Not very friendly to spit condensation and soot...
(Yes I admit I'm slightly partial to grey cars but I didn't realise how similar the colors were until parking them together.)

Here's Jeremy Clarkson complaining about my car on Top Gear:

(I could't figure out how to get the YouTube link working with the [youtube] button...)
Ola Sjölander
1987 Callaway Twin Turbo #132
Luigi
15-PSI
15-PSI

Post by Luigi »

sven-labil wrote:Here's mine. 1987 #132 36K miles delivered form England to Sweden on the 9th of June but since the condition was... well not mint I've struggled all summer to get it working and pass the Swedish import tests.
Since the UK dealer Claremont Corvette had a very good reputation I dared to buy it unseen but that turned out more like you could expect from picking a dealer at random...

Anyway I've just received the Swedish licence plates :jsmile and I think it's the first Callaway in Sweden. :cool
ReadyForLaunch.JPG
This is how little the Corvette respects my Saab 9-5 Aero.
MorningCough.JPG
Not very friendly to spit condensation and soot...
(Yes I admit I'm slightly partial to grey cars but I didn't realise how similar the colors were until parking them together.)

Here's Jeremy Clarkson complaining about my car on Top Gear:

(I could't figure out how to get the YouTube link working with the [youtube] button...)
Sven,

I fixed the youtube link. For future reference, just put the Video ID # in between the youtube code....

Your Video's ID# is 9M4pF6T9sK8, so you put that in between the brackets.

Enjoy!

-Luigi
:cool
http://www.tv4autos.com
1956 Ford Thunderbird tricked out!
2005 Dodge Ram 1500
2008 Callaway C16
Duffy
1-PSI
1-PSI

Post by Duffy »

Fantastic - Enjoy your new machine.......always a gamble to buy something unseen - I bought #40 from Texas over eBay (pics looked good and it had only travelled 12,000 miles) I was lucky and pleasantly surprised it was MINT. Am now enjoying it - been round the race track a few times already to stretch its legs.

Regards.........Duffy

Duffy
NEW ZEALAND
1987 CTTC #40, 2002 V Rod with NOS, 2010 Buell XB12SS, 1988 HD Heritage
C16_Harold
4-PSI
4-PSI

Post by C16_Harold »

Here's my C16
Harold Atkins_C16.JPG
photo 2.JPG
-Harold
2006 BMW M5
2005 BMW 645 Ci Conv
1998 BMW 328i
Brangeta
11-PSI
11-PSI

Post by Brangeta »

Harold, did you have the old gray backgrounds changed from the headlamps to black? The car looks a bit better than it did before you owned it.
4th Generation Camaro History site:
http://sites.google.com/site/brangeta/
Brangeta Design Group
http://www.brangeta.com