First and foremost, some housekeeping and "rules" of the site:
This is a forum for the Callaway Owners Group, which is the group founded in 2002 by a few owners of Callaway vehicles. The Callaway Owners Group (COG) has operated continually since, and is independent of Callaway Cars Inc.
Q: Does the COG collect dues?
A: No. We never have, as a handshake agreement with Reeves Callaway where the COG does not profit from the use of the name, we do not collect dues or fees.
Q: Instead of dues, can I donate money?
A: From time to time, donations are made to offset some costs, but purely out of the kindness and generosity. Website, forum software licenses, etc., all cost money. If you would like to donate, send an email for info.
Q: Who comes up with topics of discussion?
A: Any registered member can post freely, posting topics and content of their choice.
Q: Any limitations on what to post?
A: Sure. If your family, work, or friends would be offended, please think twice before hitting "submit" or posting. If you have poor taste, don't worry, the team of moderators will do their job and then kindly let you know.
Q: Are there other "rules" on the forum?
A: Sure. Similar to above, if you a bother, attention grabber, free-poster, or a clown (and not the kind who juggles), you may find your posts edited or moderated. If that continues, your posting privileges may be limited or removed.
Q: Events - how does one attend?
A: Easily, as all events are tied with other, larger events, and are a subset to those events. You sign up through those events, registering under the COG.
Q: What if I have an event I want to host for the COG?
A: Awesome. Then let us know. We can work together to make it happen if there's overall value to the COG.
Q: How do I sell a Callaway on this site?
A: There is a a thread with Callaway For Sale listings in the Callaway Corvette Forum. It's an annual thread, and you post your own listings. No charge, but keep it current, please. If you remove the vehicle from the marketplace due to a sale, etc., please remove the ad. Thanks.
Q: How do I contact The Callaway Owners Group / COG?
A: You may reach The Callaway Owners Group at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Good things to note:
1. Most of the common problems we are having can be found by searching the forum archives on this site.
2. There are many fine experienced people who will help you out with a question, don't be afraid to ask!
3. Read the Owner's Manual - twice. If you don't have the original owner's manual, get one now from your dealer or other source, a lot of good info in there. This applies to the GM Owners manual in all cases, and the Callaway Owners Manual where applicable.
4. BUY the Shop Manuals if you are a DIY person. They will save time and money.
5. When asking a question always state: year/model/auto or manual, and be as specific as you can.
6. The properly equipped owner can fix most problems.
7. Have FUN.
8. Say Thanks. If you pose a question to a discussion forum and you get helpful response(s), post a follow-up message in your original thread, acknowledging those who helped you. By doing so, you let those folks know you've seen their advice, plus you increase your chances of getting further assistance in the future.
9. Be Specific. When you start a new topic, make the topic title something that references the issue you are posting about. You'll get better responses to a post titled "Request B2K Buying Advice - 1988 Callaway" over one titled "What About This One?" "Newbie Needs Help", or "Now What?", for example. In addition, an issue-specific title allows much better results on future archive searches when searching by 'Topic Title'.
10. Post a Follow-up. After you have asked a question and received one or more suggestion on how to resolve the issue, please post a follow-up in your original topic, indicating what was done and what was the result.
These are the Callaway Forums - Post Only Related Topics. Please stick to Callaway-related issues when creating hew topics. We do have an Off Topic forum - it's the place to post your non-Callaway stuff. Not in the car forums.