2007 fuel pump

Discussion of Corvette based Callaway Cars including: 1987-1991 RPO B2K Callaway Twin Turbo Corvettes (C4); Callaway SuperNatural Corvettes (CL-1/CR-1); Callaway C12; Supercharged Corvettes; Callaway C16; 6th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC560, SC580, SC606, SC616, SC620, SC652); 7th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC627/SC757); NEW Callaway C8 Corvettes - and more!
Sponsored by: Callaway Cars
SurfnSun

Re: 2007 fuel pump

Post by SurfnSun »

Very interesting. I will be following...
Dakota Aero

Post by Dakota Aero »

Do Corvette tanks have the check valves in the tank like other GM vehicles? Could that be a problem? Check your canister to see if it has gas that comes out of it when unhooked.

DA
Rudevette

Post by Rudevette »

It is my understanding that there are check valves built into the tank modules. Thank you for the tip on checking the vapor canister. I had not thought about that and will do that.

-Justin
2007 Callaway Corvette convertible. 3LT, Z51, automatic, polished supercharger, engine covers signed by Reeves Callaway, Atomic Orange Metallic with tan top and interior.
Dakota Aero

Post by Dakota Aero »

The check valve can fail and create flow issues.

DA
Rudevette

Post by Rudevette »

Big problem then is I think there check valves in both tanks, correct? If so, how do I figure out which one is the problem?
2007 Callaway Corvette convertible. 3LT, Z51, automatic, polished supercharger, engine covers signed by Reeves Callaway, Atomic Orange Metallic with tan top and interior.
Rudevette

Post by Rudevette »

So I isolated the fuel line from the tank by putting a manual shutoff valve in before the fuel rail. I ran the car and shut the valve off with the car running, then shut the ignition off. The fuel pressure dropped to zero immediately upon shutting the engine off. I have the following information on the fuel system:

http://www.hessh.de/Corvette/FuelTankSystem.pdf

Judging by this information it appears to me as though the pressure could leak down at either the right or left tank fuel pressure regulator, or the right side fuel tank check valve, correct? Considering the drivers side fuel pump was changed at a Chevy dealer recently do I just plain pull out the passenger side tank and change the fuel pump module on that side????

What do you guys think,
-Justin
Dakota Aero

Post by Dakota Aero »

What if the dealer installed it wrong?

DA
Dakota Aero

Post by Dakota Aero »

If check b both!
Rudevette

Post by Rudevette »

I think I’m just going to have to pull both tanks. That was my gut feeling but the horror stories on the internet had to hoping otherwise. Oh well.

-Justin
SurfnSun

Post by SurfnSun »

Make sure you replace both fuel level sensors while you’re in there…or the right tank at a minimum :beer