If you have a supercharged Corvette and the front end rides low, have you tried this?

Discussion of Corvette based Callaway Cars including: 1987-1991 RPO B2K Callaway Twin Turbo Corvettes (C4); Callaway SuperNatural Corvettes (CL-1/CR-1); Callaway C12; Supercharged Corvettes; Callaway C16; 6th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC560, SC580, SC606, SC616, SC620, SC652); 7th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC627/SC757); NEW Callaway C8 Corvettes - and more!
Never_Lift
7-PSI
7-PSI

If you have a supercharged Corvette and the front end rides low, have you tried this?

Post by Never_Lift »

If you drag the valance, you can raise the ride height on the stock bolts/suspension

Check out this link, as it seems to be across the board, C5, C6, and C7 Corvettes have similar bolts. Turn clockwise after measuring before and then after. You could have an inch or more of adjustment. To lower your car, turn counterclockwise.

When you supercharge your car, it adds weight, and this can sag the nose-end.

SurfnSun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: If you have a supercharged Corvette and the front end rides low, have you tried this?

Post by SurfnSun »

YouTube tags don’t appear to be working…

https://youtu.be/_ZBKBnnV_P0
JABCAT

Re: If you have a supercharged Corvette and the front end rides low, have you tried this?

Post by JABCAT »

I’ve had to raise mine a tad. Still pretty low, but I also don’t want the standard Corvette 4x4 wheel gap.
Attachments
F9351B52-A604-49B3-8BE5-37E4E6A863C4.jpeg
*89x2*
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by *89x2* »

Looks good, Jabcat

Did you have to realign the car once raised? Mixed opinions on that :wtf
JABCAT

Post by JABCAT »

Thanks! I think it’s such a small adjustment that it shouldn’t need to be re-aligned. I think I raised the front 1/2” maybe.
SurfnSun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SurfnSun »

JABCAT wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:10 am I’ve had to raise mine a tad. Still pretty low, but I also don’t want the standard Corvette 4x4 wheel gap.
That's about the same height mine is currently sitting.
Rudevette
5-PSI
5-PSI

Post by Rudevette »

Mine does not sit that low. I don’t know if it’s been adjusted though.
Attachments
8A756E2F-5693-44B1-82FE-7A818339A635.jpeg
2007 Callaway Corvette convertible. 3LT, Z51, automatic, polished supercharger, engine covers signed by Reeves Callaway, Atomic Orange Metallic with tan top and interior.
SurfnSun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SurfnSun »

Rudevette wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:37 pm Mine does not sit that low. I don’t know if it’s been adjusted though.
Glad to see you got your wheel situation corrected!
Rudevette
5-PSI
5-PSI

Post by Rudevette »

The jury is out on the wheels yet. I’m not real sure about the paint. I have had some chips already, but I’ve also put over 6,000 miles on since putting the wheels on. Some of them mountain roads at glacier National Park had lots of debris and stuff on them. I still say UPS can go to hell. In the long run if the paint chips up too much I’ll put a set of forgeline on.

-Justin
2007 Callaway Corvette convertible. 3LT, Z51, automatic, polished supercharger, engine covers signed by Reeves Callaway, Atomic Orange Metallic with tan top and interior.
*89x2*
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by *89x2* »

Rudevette wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:33 am The jury is out on the wheels yet. I’m not real sure about the paint. I have had some chips already, but I’ve also put over 6,000 miles on since putting the wheels on. Some of them mountain roads at glacier National Park had lots of debris and stuff on them. I still say UPS can go to hell. In the long run if the paint chips up too much I’ll put a set of forgeline on.

-Justin
I hope you keep the Callaway Wheels. They are easy enough to refinish when needed. Understanding of the UPS saga though, what a pain that was!

Great picture of the car in the Black Hills of SD. I was sorry I missed the 50th BHCC Event.