Could this be a SIX-FIGURE Callaway B2K? 5,000 miles, all the right stuff...

Discussion of Corvette based Callaway Cars including: 1987-1991 RPO B2K Callaway Twin Turbo Corvettes (C4); Callaway SuperNatural Corvettes (CL-1/CR-1); Callaway C12; Supercharged Corvettes; Callaway C16; 6th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC560, SC580, SC606, SC616, SC620, SC652); 7th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC627/SC757); NEW Callaway C8 Corvettes - and more!
*89x2*
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Could this be a SIX-FIGURE Callaway B2K? 5,000 miles, all the right stuff...

Post by *89x2* »

Saw this on BAT today... Auction is off to a good start and car is at $40k. Should go much higher, I think :wtf

----- 5,000 mile 1991 Callaway Cars Inc Corvette with option code B2K on Bring a Trailer
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991- ... ertible-3/

This should be a SIX-FIGURE CAR given the provenance of Callaway Corvettes. Someone is going to get a great car in performance and looks!
jonstr
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Re: Could this be a SIX-FIGURE Callaway B2K? 5,000 miles, all the right stuff...

Post by jonstr »

That's beautiful. Does anybody here know the history?
Later,
Jonstr
Currently Callaway-less
Rudevette
5-PSI
5-PSI

Re: Could this be a SIX-FIGURE Callaway B2K? 5,000 miles, all the right stuff...

Post by Rudevette »

WOW! That would be a nice one to have. Problem is you wouldn't really dare drive it, and where is the fun in that?

-Justin
2007 Callaway Corvette convertible. 3LT, Z51, automatic, polished supercharger, engine covers signed by Reeves Callaway, Atomic Orange Metallic with tan top and interior.
jonstr
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by jonstr »

No sale at $46,500. While I didn't think it would go to 6 figures, I did think it would do better than that.

This one had fewer miles, but was a very similar in build and options to the yellow car I used to own that sold for $52K on BAT not too long ago (https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991- ... rvette-51/).

So much for the old saw that red cars bring more money. :help
Later,
Jonstr
Currently Callaway-less
*89x2*
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by *89x2* »

It was bizarre. No real excitement in the auction.

The pics of the yellow car were much better, and it presented very well, if we're talking comparisons. The ad on the red car was lacking.

That said, if I didn't have a red B2K, I might've been game. It looks like it's a great car. I thought it was the one out of Southern VA which is very similar, if not exact. But it wasn't. Interesting it was a lease, when it was new.
SurfnSun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SurfnSun »

*89x2* wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:30 am It was bizarre. No real excitement in the auction.

The pics of the yellow car were much better, and it presented very well, if we're talking comparisons. The ad on the red car was lacking.

That said, if I didn't have a red B2K, I might've been game. It looks like it's a great car. I thought it was the one out of Southern VA which is very similar, if not exact. But it wasn't. Interesting it was a lease, when it was new.
That South VA car was #48...same as my 88. :thumbs