performane mods

Discussion of Corvette based Callaway Cars including: 1987-1991 RPO B2K Callaway Twin Turbo Corvettes (C4); Callaway SuperNatural Corvettes (CL-1/CR-1); Callaway C12; Supercharged Corvettes; Callaway C16; 6th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC560, SC580, SC606, SC616, SC620, SC652); 7th Generation Callaway Corvettes (SC627/SC757); NEW Callaway C8 Corvettes - and more!
calawyclif
5-PSI
5-PSI

performane mods

Post by calawyclif »

While I am on a performance kick...LOL I already have big wonderbar, custom callaway off-road exhaust...anything else I can do without really going crazy...I dont want to mess with internals unless of course it's the 100+ upgrade :)
Luigi
15-PSI
15-PSI

Re: performane mods

Post by Luigi »

Might I suggest the McArdle exhaust with Megaphones??? (maybe even replace those defective std cats with high-flow random tech cats to keep it emissions legal).

If you inhale you also need to exhale.... :jsmile

It will give you a nice throaty sound, you'll hear the turbo's spool, and its not so over powering that you can't enjoy the radio.
The exhaust is laser cut, mandrel bent, stainless, 3"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcaVx65NcuY

-Luigi
:cool
http://www.tv4autos.com
1956 Ford Thunderbird tricked out!
2005 Dodge Ram 1500
2008 Callaway C16
calawyclif
5-PSI
5-PSI

Post by calawyclif »

Hi Luigi, Sorry for not explaining it properly. I already have a custom exhaust that callaway put on the car when I bought the car new back in 89. megaphones and no cats plus custom piping all the way thru to the back. :) When I first picked up my car and drove home I went right back as soon as the megaphones came in ( they were tough to get back then ) and had callaway do his magic. Toby Batte was working there at the time and when I was leaving an 88 car with megaphones was in the lot. So naturally when I told Toby the car was to quiet for me he started the 88 up and I said right away I need the megaphones...hahaha
SurfnSun
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SurfnSun »

Do you have any pics of your car? :cool